• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Rompson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiggah
not sure if this is normal, but this scuff probably happen during the leather process... should i return for another ?

No don't do it. that looks like nothing and they'll get scuffed up anyway if you wear them.

chiggah

Reaction score
yeah was brand new - i noticed the huge scuff as i was putting them up and lacing up, hence the crease

i just emailed needsupply.com to see what they can do for me anyways.

not that i really mind, coz i know it will get scuffed up eventually

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 13k
With a clean look I prefer a darker brown, with a lighter brown (oakwood) being the lightest. I find the sand harder to fit into my wardrobe when they are that light in color brand new.

chiggah are those brand new? They're creased up a bit (looks like from walking) despite the scuff. None of mine had any scuffs like that new out of the box.

I plan to wear them with all my khakis (black, navy and beige) not jeans. I cant seem to get away with jeans where i work
plain.gif

mikeeeey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiggah
not sure if this is normal, but this scuff probably happen during the leather process... should i return for another ?
I will keep those if i were you.

such scuffs or scars are normal in leather and to me, it adds to the characteristic and beauty of natural leather, making it one of a kind. as long as it wont do damage to the leather, such cosmetic defects are absolutely fine

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still don't like their aesthetic- they're much too chunky. Yesterday- after having tried some on again- I bought some look-alikes that are cut more elegantly and snugly. (as if I'd wear them in the desert anyway!)

Khayembii: I would care for them with a brush and at times with some colourless spray for leather wares (spray it on and then wipe it down a bit with a clean rag).

jittery zeitgeist

Reaction score
I want to cop some db and I noticed that he beeswax model is pretty hyped. would somebody please explain what's the difference / big thing with beeswax leather instead of "normal" leather? I actually wanted to go for the leather ones ( http://www.joyas.de/clarks-originals...bschuh-10.html ) but now I'm curious to find out about the beeswax model. Are those the beeswax model? they look more greenish than brown though. http://www.planet-sports.de/product1...mpaign=froogle are they the same like them: http://www.allikestore.com/german/cl...rown-waxy.html

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique
What does everyone do to care for these? Some have mentioned sno seal, is that really necessary? Anything else?

Not much, I use rain-proofing spray when it gets wet. Bottom line, they are cheap, made in Vietnam shoes that will look beat up if you wear them, period.

lilmann40

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 13k
With a clean look I prefer a darker brown, with a lighter brown (oakwood) being the lightest. I find the sand harder to fit into my wardrobe when they are that light in color brand new.

chiggah are those brand new? They're creased up a bit (looks like from walking) despite the scuff. None of mine had any scuffs like that new out of the box.

I agree with the assessment on the dark brown looking cleaner. I find it easier to dress up with these over the beeswax.

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
@Jittery: The second two are the beeswax, just photographed differently. Can we get a 'Put Obenauf's LP on them' added to the thread title?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black is fine. I seen tons of Black clarks. My uncle had one way way back, black is my next color since I have the beeswax

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads