• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Grolsch

Reaction score
Panama%20Jack%2005.JPG

More here!

changed

Reaction score
Bushacre + Obenauf's LP=
elb2wp.png
f1moa0.png
2a6wenk.png
(right boot has one coating of Obenauf water-proofer... gives them a nice shine).
20uqyro.png
quite an improvement!

Goombi

Reaction score
Think I'll have to hit up ebay or a proxy for a pair of these. They're at least double the price in Canada compared to the US.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

k6s

Reaction score
do beeswax DBs require any special maintenance?

Goombi: at $140 retail, DBs are a pain ********** to buy in Canada but i've found them on sale for ~$100 at the Bay, Club Monaco etc. GL!

Goombi

Reaction score
@ k6s: Will check them out. CM + student discount would be nice

@harbin: Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately the wrong size.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
QUESTION: I just received by DBs. I ordered them in Oakwood Suede and in Sand. I like the Sand better but the Oakwood are more practical. Any input on which i should keep? Im asking because the Sand is a whiter color and im scared theyre going to get black or scuffed and look like crap but since the Oakwood are darker any "blackness" would blend into the color. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I like sand when dirty and beat up, but I think the Oakwood would be a better overall choice as being more practical. That said, I currently have a pair of sands that dont get worn too often. I recently got the desert khan brogue in black that sees more wear.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@ changed - shoes on cutting board???

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 13k
I like sand when dirty and beat up, but I think the Oakwood would be a better overall choice as being more practical. That said, I currently have a pair of sands that dont get worn too often. I recently got the desert khan brogue in black that sees more wear.

I was looking for a clean look as opposed to the rugged look, but i know what you mean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
I was looking for a clean look as opposed to the rugged look, but i know what you mean

Yup, oakwoods
fistbump.gif

chiggah

Reaction score
not sure if this is normal, but this scuff probably happen during the leather process... should i return for another ?

Reaction score
With a clean look I prefer a darker brown, with a lighter brown (oakwood) being the lightest. I find the sand harder to fit into my wardrobe when they are that light in color brand new.

chiggah are those brand new? They're creased up a bit (looks like from walking) despite the scuff. None of mine had any scuffs like that new out of the box.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads