1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. elimmie

elimmie Well-Known Member

2. Nayyyyy

Nayyyyy Member

Those look like a pair of Clars X Horween burgundy DBs. I know ~1 months ago END Clothing had a restock, sadly I just checked their website now, and it appears they've all sold out.

Perhaps drop them an email and ask if they're going to have another re-stock any-time soon?

3. ThatAardvark

ThatAardvark Member

Not exactly the right thread but does anyone know what the deal is with the higher topped Weaver boots? Are those discontinued forever and they only sell the low ones now?

Padmore and Barnes has the P700 boot which is the same, but I can't find any of their stockists besides END, which has no stock of the color I want.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  4. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Thanks. I used the suede brush and it got most of it off. Its good enough though. Also I'd rather wear Clarks Originals with the Clarks tag on. Thanks though.

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Andy Spade in classic suede Clark's Desert Boots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

7. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

When I was a young buck like some of you guys, I wore desert boots. I think it was for less than $12. 95. I loved those DBs to the death in spite the lousy fit. I would still wear them if they came in a double wide width. Anyone know of a look alike that comes in that wide a width.

8. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

[​IMG]

Do you guys think I can use this on suede desert boots?

9. Sotiros

Sotiros Active Member

Hey Newberry! I have the Oakwood Suede pair of desert boots and have used Jason Markk Shoe Cleaner on them about 3 times. It's worked great and with a little bit of elbow grease it even can make the crepe look new again! If you purchase the Jason Markk kit it I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you purchase the premium hog hair bristle brush from Jason Markk with it also, I think it's an additional $15 but is well worth it. The standard brush that comes with the Jason Markk Premium shoe cleaner kit has plastic bristles, and it'll make the suede look beat up but does work great for cleaning the sole! I will let you know that the suede on my boots didn't look beat, per se, but they did look a little more aged after the cleaning. But that may have been from the year of wear I didn't notice under the layer of dirt that collected on them during that year.

Another option for you would be to buy a suede brush and a suede eraser. Jason Markk makes just a kit and I've heard great things about it. Your boots don't look entirely dirty so the eraser and brush may work perfectly for you.

I can take a photo of how my boots look now if you like to show you the suede. If you wanna see Jason Markk themselves clean some suede with their premium cleaner, click here.

10. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Thank you. I have Oakwood desert boots too and other suede shoes. I bought the kit and love it!

11. WiktorK

WiktorK New Member

Hi,

I just ordered and today received my first pair of Desert Boots. I ordered the beeswax colored shoe. But I must ask maybe a stupid question.

After just trying the shoes on inside my apartment, I got this light areas on the leather, as you can see on the picture.
    This hot me really confused and wondering if it should be that way? Will the whole shoe become lighter colored during time so the difference will not be visible?

Just to clairfy that I of course did untie the shoes before putting them on and off. And they are not to small, they are almost a sizeto big.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. conqueror

conqueror Senior member

doesn't seem to be a 'general' clarks thread so hopefully this will work.

do desert treks fit the same as wallabees? i'm a UK 11 in the latter, but unsure about what to order in the former - unfortunately no one in australia stocks them so i can't try beforehand.

13. conqueror

conqueror Senior member

i was told by a few retailers that the trek fits the same as the wallabee, so i ordered the same size but but imo they fits at least half to almost a full size bigger than the wally. not sure if the material makes a difference, but i now have a UK 10 trek in beeswax leather and completely thrashed UK 11 wallys in cola suede.

it's rare for me to have shoes that fit too big (almost always too small), so paying almost half of the shoe cost to send them back to england was extra painful!

14. Philby

Philby Member

Do the Clarks Mali fit the same as the Desert Boots? I assume so because the shape is exactly the same.

15. andermt

andermt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Had a bargain the other weekend, walked into my local Clark's store as they had a sale notice in the window to find these 2 pairs of desert boots on the bargains rack so ended up buying both, total cost was £45! Even the woman in the store couldn't believe the prices.

16. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Updated my worn out CDB.

Bought the new Aerials. Has a new lightweight synthetic sole.

I really dig the look of the update to a classic:

[​IMG]

Coolest feature to the Aerial Desert boot is the new outsole:

[​IMG]

Doesn't get stained like the classic crepe sole and seems to be longer wearing. Like with other CDB, one has to go half size down.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017