1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by RamNYC, Jul 10, 2005.

1. zhouyu

zhouyu Senior member

2. j

j Senior member Admin

Anyone order online anymore? I have a friend looking for a better deal than retail. Where would he look?

3. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

I have mislaid my cigarette holder.

Or else it was knicked at the last party I hosted [​IMG]

4. j

j Senior member Admin

Anyone order online anymore? I have a friend looking for a better deal than retail. Where would he look?
    Bump.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Bump.

Israel had some online stores. Don't really remember. Just buy cartoons at detax if you care. I like the ritual of buying my packs.

6. j

j Senior member Admin

What is 'detax'?

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

What is 'detax'?

Sorry, tax free zone. In airports. Ask for a cartoon everytime youor someone you know flies, you'll get one like every week.

8. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

Bump.

dutyfreedepot

9. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Sorry, tax free zone. In airports. Ask for a cartoon everytime youor someone you know flies, you'll get one like every week.

seriously

Every time I fly or one of my close friends flies, we get some. I've picked stuff up in Europe for like $2-3 a pack.

10. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Been hooked on American Spirits. Love the long burn time- filter sucks dick though.

11. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

Did u buy those recently? For many years i would buy the French cigs at the smoke shop next to Bowlmor Lanes... but they told me they stopped selling the imports a while ago.

I think i am going to have to take a risk with these online cig stores. I dont care about paying taxes, etc... i just want my French cigs!!!

Hey I figured I would throw this in since I have sorely missed the absence of Gauloises and Gitanes in America; Merci cigarettes are basically what they have been replaced with, I got a pack today (blondes) and they taste very similar, they also have an unfiltered version that is similar to the darker brunes-style as well. Would be curious if you ever found a good place to buy the Gauloises though, I have looked into some of the websites and it all seems very sketchy.

12. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Anyone smoke loose leaf tobacco? I've liked Stokkebyes Turkish for a while mostly because its smooth/light. Any recommendations for others to try or other blends?

I love Stokkebye. Amsterdam shag and Norweigian shag are both really good. Drum is awesome too, but very rough. Drum buzzes are awesome though.

I like to mix a little bit of Drum Perique with some lighter Stokkebye to tone down the smoke a lot, and I think my favorite so far is Norweigian/Drum Perique blend. Someone mentioned drum being rebranded as Bali Shag, but I'm fairly sure that Bali Shag is made by a different brand, although the packaging is very similar.

13. j

j Senior member Admin

Hey I figured I would throw this in since I have sorely missed the absence of Gauloises and Gitanes in America; Merci cigarettes are basically what they have been replaced with, I got a pack today (blondes) and they taste very similar, they also have an unfiltered version that is similar to the darker brunes-style as well. Would be curious if you ever found a good place to buy the Gauloises though, I have looked into some of the websites and it all seems very sketchy.
    Dutyfreedepot.com worked for me. I did a one-time-use credit card number and funded it with $100 and ordered two cartons (Dunhill Blue lights (not the big square box) and Gauloises Blondes Lights). They came quickly for a total of $60ish. Nothing sketchy although their site is somewhat broken ("finished" checkout without asking for my card number). I ended up having to send a credit card number in an email, but the one-time-use thing meant it was safe even so. Will probably order a bunch more soon to stock up for the inevitable tax hikes/zombie apocalypse cigarette based economy.

14. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Senior member

This may be off topic but I was wondering if anyone else was like this:

I told a good friend of mine that no matter what I wasn't able to be addicted to nicotine and of course said I could. We made a bet that I would smoke 3 packs of Belmont regulars in 2 weeks and if I wasn't hooked he'd give me 100 bucks. Fast forward I haven't had a cigarette nor craved one since we did this two months ago. Am I just resistant?

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

3 packs in 2 weeks is not smoking. [​IMG]

16. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

3 packs in 2 weeks is not smoking. [​IMG]

+1. Smoke at last 10 cigs a day and let us know...

17. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Senior member

+1. Smoke at last 10 cigs a day and let us know...

Ugh that would just make me feel horrible.. don't know how people do it.

18. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I smoked a pack of reds on Tuesday, haven't had a cigarette since. I feel fine.

19. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I quit smoking about 8 months ago and it's one of the best decisions I ever made.

20. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Ugh that would just make me feel horrible.. don't know how people do it.

Well then you won't know if you can get addicted to nicotine or not, the answer is yes anyway but some respond to it more than others and also appreciate the psychological components.