1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by RamNYC, Jul 10, 2005.

1. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

The trick with kicking an addiction is to replace it with something else.

That's how I kicked cigarettes. Now if only I could find something to break my big black cock addiction.

Just kidding, I still smoke a pack a day. Hmm maybe that has something to do with my difficulty in seeing gains at the gym. Nah, probably not.

2. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Well-Known Member

The trick with kicking an addiction is to replace it with something else. That's how I kicked cigarettes. Now if only I could find something to break my big black cock addiction. Just kidding, I still smoke a pack a day. Hmm maybe that has something to do with my difficulty in seeing gains at the gym. Nah, probably not.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

The self-righteousness that comes with being a former smoker is more addictive than the nicotine ever was.

4. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

The self-righteousness that comes with being a former smoker is more addictive than the nicotine ever was.

[​IMG]

5. Jochem

Jochem New Member

I started smoking (cigarettes) at 15 years old. Gave it up at 23.

Never got back since (8 years ago). It's not hard to give it up if you really want to.

6. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

I started smoking (cigarettes) at 15 years old. Gave it up at 23.

Never got back since (8 years ago). It's not hard to give it up if you really want to.

Well, you were still young and only smoked for about 8 years. I would imagine that it's a lot harder after 20-30 years of smoking.

However, while I'm sure there is a lot of variation involved, I would imagine that a lot of people in their 20s think they can't quit because they've always heard that quitting was so hard. I quit after about 14 years of smoking (on and off) and it was surprisingly easy.

7. Artigas

Artigas Well-Known Member

My grandfather's doctor told him to start smoking to lose weight. Don't know that he ever quit. Think he was addicted to painkillers, too.

8. amnesiac

amnesiac Well-Known Member

I finally found a place that stocks Perique blend American Spirits. They're really nice. Smooth, full bodied, smell good, and burn so slow. Oh and I get a huge buzz from them.

9. limester816

limester816 Well-Known Member

I finally found a place that stocks Perique blend American Spirits. They're really nice. Smooth, full bodied, smell good, and burn so slow. Oh and I get a huge buzz from them.

Truth. the roll-your-own perique blend is heaven in paper.

10. amnesiac

amnesiac Well-Known Member

Truth. the roll-your-own perique blend is heaven in paper.

do you find them different from the pre-rolled? I randomly stop by in every shop I pass looking for them and finally found one but they were out of roll your own so I got a pack and they're amazing. I need to look harder.

11. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

nat sherman mcds. one of my favorites. if i could find some at a decent price i would cop some chunghwas.

12. limester816

limester816 Well-Known Member

do you find them different from the pre-rolled? I randomly stop by in every shop I pass looking for them and finally found one but they were out of roll your own so I got a pack and they're amazing. I need to look harder.

I don't think so. I just find roll-your-owns to bring out the essence of the tobacco much more, whatever the blend. I've tried the pre-rolled periques, and I just find the filter/machine rolled nature of it not as satisfactory as self-rolled ones. I live in New Mexico, so every tobacco shop on any res anywhere has American Spirit ryo.

13. Amorfous

Amorfous Active Member

I'm getting some Shepheard's Hotel, and in midwest Ohio, even! What a treat. The store is actually ordering them in for me. EDIT: I don't know if it concerns anyone, but these are actually banned, some kind of legal thing they didn't wanna go by. If they wanted them imported, the company would have had to lay down like 5-10 million dollars for some kind of insurance thing, so if anyone sued them or anything. Sounds... kind of unrelated, but the guy is really knowledgeable. Anyways, I just picked up sans-filte Merci instead.

14. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Well-Known Member

Store down the block carries Nat Shermans for $7 a pack. Shame on American Spirit.

15. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Well-Known Member

Try as I may, I can't get addicted to nicotine. I can't understand how people do. When I smoke -- which is rarely -- I chain-smoke like crazy, but have no desire for a cigarette after I'm done. For example, when I was in Las Vegas for three days I went through a pack a day and didn't touch a cigarette for months after, nor did I have the desire to. I only smoke socially because I think it looks cool but I never "crave" cigarettes. Frankly, I think the people who get addicted to cigarettes convince themselves they need them.

And on the topic of which cigarettes I like: Since I don't have a habit, I usually shell out for Dunhill Blacks when I do smoke.

16. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Well-Known Member

Actually getting addicted to nicotine is a lot harder than most people think. Takes a fairly long time of steady smoking.

God, does that rush feel great when you light up your first one in the morning with a cup of coffee...

17. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Well-Known Member

Actually getting addicted to nicotine is a lot harder than most people think. Takes a fairly long time of steady smoking.

Kind of gives credence to my belief then that the people who get addicted to smoking are the ones who want to get addicted.

18. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

Kind of gives credence to my belief then that the people who get addicted to smoking are the ones who want to get addicted.
    Ehhhh.... Drugs do different things to different people as body chemistry varies so much. Notions of equality do not allow people to be painted with such a broad brush. We are different. I would expect that it is a minority percentage of people who have no propensity to an addiction to nicotine. ~ H

19. WUKILLABEEZ78

WUKILLABEEZ78 Well-Known Member

Interesting that some people feel smoking looks cool. I always felt the opposite (even as a kid). To me smoking is a sign of weakness and people who smoke are weak. Could never understand why people would want to weaken themselves and waste $$$ on something that is not beneficial to them.

20. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Well-Known Member

...or the ones who genuinely enjoy the act.

Interesting that some people feel smoking looks cool. I always felt the opposite (even as a kid). To me smoking is a sign of weakness and people who smoke are weak. Could never understand why people would want to weaken themselves and waste $$$ on something that is not beneficial to them.

All things in moderation.