• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christian Audigier takes aim at SW&D

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long 'til he introduces a red chambray?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/allt...hing-line.html

A company representative told us no photos of the new line would be available until the Las Vegas launch, but described the collection, which will retail between $32 and $92, as "soft, simple basics without any logos or graphic," including cotton T-shirts and knit tops for both sexes, a color palette that skews neutral and earth tone, and nary a robed geisha, top-hatted skull or crouching tiger silkscreen to be seen.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(with interiors described as "classic Americana and includes rustic elements of wood, iron and metal with textures of suede and leather")

lol so hilarious he thinks he can pretend to be workwear???

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
(with interiors described as "classic Americana and includes rustic elements of wood, iron and metal with textures of suede and leather") lol so hilarious he thinks he can pretend to be workwear???
Dude 90% of the brands on SW&D are pretend workwear. We got dudes walking down the street in their BoO flannel, W&H jacket, Samurai jeans, APC workboots. Yeah. That **** is authentic.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember Von Dutch putting out some straight rockabilly stuff right around 1999-2000, but I've never been able to figure out if he was involved with Von Dutch then or if they sold the name to him after that.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
Dude 90% of the brands on SW&D are pretend workwear.

We got dudes walking down the street in their BoO flannel, W&H jacket, Samurai jeans, APC workboots. Yeah. That **** is authentic.

LOL!

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude 90% of the brands on SW&D are pretend workwear.

We got dudes walking down the street in their BoO flannel, W&H jacket, Samurai jeans, APC workboots. Yeah. That **** is authentic.

lol no one here would wear any of that stuff to a hard labour job

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he sees the light.

Maybe he sees the money. By all accounts, the guy is a complete DB, but there's no denying that he can sell like a crazy man. In larger markets, you see a lot more segmentation, but having been in a very small market for a bit now, I'll tell you that I see some very... non Ed Hardy type of guys and girls wearing the stuff. I'm not even sure some of them know anything about the trend. The product is just so pervasive.

kaizoku

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a good marketing idea or not.

On one hand, the popularity of Jersey Shore has introduced his horrible clothing to tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of potential new customers. And with Season 2 coming, his old stuff will probably sell well through the end of next Fall.

On the other, there is already a backlash against his stuff among "normal" people, and the exposure he's getting right now will probably rise, but then burn out quickly.

Either way "the same guy™" is a horrible name.

The second comment on that page sums it up: "sounds like the Gap"

Oxnard

Reaction score
Dude 90% of the brands on SW&D are pretend workwear. We got dudes walking down the street in their BoO flannel, W&H jacket, Samurai jeans, APC workboots. Yeah. That **** is authentic.
Actually I wouldn't describe any of those brands as workwear really. Each of those brands might make some workwear type items but a lot of it can't be lumped into that category. If I was going to summarize their respective styles I would say that a majority of the things that APC makes isn't workwear related at all, Samurai is primarily repro denim(which can have a workwear vibe, but not all of it) and other goods, W+H is mainly good basics and military-inspired outerwear, and Band of Outsiders is preppy Americana. Sorry to pick apart your statement but I don't like seeing brands being largely misinterpreted into a generic category.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
Actually I wouldn't describe any of those brands as workwear really. Each of those brands might make some workwear type items but a lot of it can't be lumped into that category. If I was going to summarize their respective styles I would say that a majority of the things that APC makes isn't workwear related at all, Samurai is primarily repro denim(which can have a workwear vibe, but not all of it) and other goods, W+H is mainly good basics and military-inspired outerwear, and Band of Outsiders is preppy Americana. Sorry to pick apart your statement but I don't like seeing brands being largely misinterpreted into a generic category.

They're not really workwear brands in the way that EG and WWM are, but if you pick pieces carefully and style them the right way they can be workwear-ish. These brands make clothes that are versatile enough that it can go either way. I think it's unfair to pigeon-hole any of them as "workwear brands" when it's clear that they can be more than that.

mr. burns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard

he was being sarcastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads