• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Choose my next C&J shoe! (nice photos and poll)

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Clint, do you just keep these shoes lying around, sans lacing, in your bedroom?
worship.gif
bounce2.gif

If I tell you, I'd have to kill you.
laugh.gif

Basically, what you're witnessing is someone who's obsessive, but without unlimited fund to purchase everything AND who's not really got many places to wear the shoes to!!!

I think I better get on the phone to my therapist!!!

Without wishing to derail the thread, I also picked up these. But I can't be bothered to take photos of them!!

I would say all of the shoes you've listed are nice. However, I have found the most comfort in the "handgrades".

Good luck

Clint

mrphrog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
Just taken a few pictures in my bedroom. So, no comments about the "quality" of the photos
smile.gif

I hope this helps?

Clint

Thanks Clint. Your Rosemoors look much lighter than I'd expect, maybe it's just the lighting?

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrphrog
Thanks Clint. Your Rosemoors look much lighter than I'd expect, maybe it's just the lighting?

Possibly, but I didn't use the flash. However, my bedroom is dark and the sun isn't out here, so that may affect it. However, they are lighter than I expected (when compared to other C & J shoes).

Cheers

Clint

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you hiding those shoes from your wife, clint? They say the most dangerous place is the safest, hence the bedroom.

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
Are you hiding those shoes from your wife, clint? They say the most dangerous place is the safest, hence the bedroom.

laugh.gif

No, she's had to deal with my nonsense for number of years now, so she's used to it. Not to say she's always understanding though!!!

She's actually the opposite of me and perhaps that helps!!! It also possibly helps that we are not married!!!

Cheers

Clint

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
You're most welcome. It was a happy accident - without thinking, I mistakenly applied dark brown cream... and liked the result.

It is not evident in the photo, but some of the C&J 'burnishing' still comes through in bright sunlight, giving a very slight variegated appearance.

More like this? (Adjusted the levels a little.)

aproposbelgraves.jpg

serce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
You already own the Belgrave in chestnut, so now it's time for Belgraves in Polo Brown Suede

NOBD, I'd like buy those Belgrave Polo Brown Suede.
What do you think these shoes with a charcoal flannel suit ? They are too light for it ?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by serce
NOBD, I'd like buy those Belgrave Polo Brown Suede.
What do you think these shoes with a charcoal flannel suit ? They are too light for it ?

I would just try the combination and let my eyes decide. Flannel and suede are like tomatoes and basil: a wonderful couple. But for some the contrast between charcoal and this shade of brown is perhaps too big. I think I'd wear it.

Arkolm

Reaction score
I went with the rosemoor, and my second choice would have been the westbourne. I didn't expect the rosemoor to be so popular though!

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will take the selbourne followed by the rosemoor. The punch cap oxford design of Westbourne is very much similar to the Belgrave, at least the toe area which is not hidden by the trousers.

Much better to get a medallion.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None. There are other C&J models which I prefer.
I neither wear oxfords, nor cap toes, nor brogues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads