• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheapest place for C&Js?

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My apologies if this has been discussed recently, a few searches didn't turn up any definitive answer. I'm looking to pick up a pair of handgrade line and was curious where the current lowest price was to have to shipped to the U.S.--is it still PLAL? Pediwear? Is there some other source where they can be had for less than $475? Any SF discounts out there?

Thanks in advance.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
handgrades are about $600 at bodileys in northhampton

dandie

Reaction score
good news for y'all

I'm pretty sure the prices direct from C&J will not be routinely bettered anywhere else online, other than if there is a retailer who is having a sale of old stock. I am quite sure that the availability and service direct from C&J will not be bettered. Demand is too high for them to logically allow the product to be shifted in volume through other channels at lower prices.

For example the Weymouth which appears to be shoe of the hour, is priced as follows:

C&J - £425
Bodileys - £468
WeSellShoes.com - £425
Pediwear - £425
Barneys $760

Note that for Mexicans, Canadans, and those from all points in between, the C&J prices are including VAT and excluding shipping. For example, the example above is £425 less the 20%VAT + £30 shipping = GBP384/USD599

ie less than I would pay in the UK store, and even more less if you are shipping more than one pair at at time.

Full current price list copied below for reference.

Last edited:

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

good news for y'all

I'm pretty sure the prices direct from C&J will not be routinely bettered anywhere else online, other than if there is a retailer who is having a sale of old stock. I am quite sure that the availability and service direct from C&J will not be bettered. Demand is too high for them to logically allow the product to be shifted in volume through other channels at lower prices.

For example the Weymouth which appears to be shoe of the hour, is priced as follows:

C&J - £425
Bodileys - £468
WeSellShoes.com - £425
Pediwear - £425
Barneys $760 

Note that for Mexicans, Canadans, and those from all points in between, the C&J prices are including VAT and excluding shipping. For example, the example above is £425 less the 20%VAT + £30 shipping = GBP384/USD599

ie less than I would pay in the UK store, and even more less if you are shipping more than one pair at at time.

Full current price list copied below for reference.

Thanks for the post. This confirmed what I thought.

__PG__

Reaction score
Pediwear etc. only beat C&J themselves on postage costs.

However C&J will always have better stock levels than other retailers.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CJ handgrades are almost at Vass levels.

599 + tress vs 725 for Vass incl trees

Ascot shoes has listed some new Vass for 495 GBP and if you email him directly is offering them at 379 GBP (ex VAT) without trees plus shipping. For US delivery, they should cost aroud 410 GBP vs 384 GBP for CJ HGs.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ascot shoes has listed some new Vass for 495 GBP and if you email him directly is offering them at 379 GBP (ex VAT) without trees plus shipping. For US delivery, they should cost aroud 410 GBP vs 384 GBP for CJ HGs.

They carries mostly U last for Vass and other lasts are MTO.

swiego

Reaction score
Interesting, the handgrades direct from C&J include trees but those bought at the stores do not? (I know the NYC store didn't offer them with the shoes...)

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting, the handgrades direct from C&J include trees but those bought at the stores do not? (I know the NYC store didn't offer them with the shoes...)

If you're referring to what aj_del said, he means that C&J does NOT include trees.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

isn't it cheaper to buy directly vom vass? w/o trees is an useless transaction, imo

transferred it to the vass thread...

Last edited:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was trying to compare apples to apples

For a US customer, as a member mentioned, HGs cost 599. I assume that trees are extra since I have never seen trees included in CJ prices. In comparison to HG's 599 plus trees, you can get MTO Vass (which includes lasted trees) for 700 plus paypal fees

Regarding Asot Shoes, he has listed some new Vass on F last for 495 GBP which is around 100 GBP less than what used to list them at. Plus he can give VAT refund of 20% on the new VAss. I corresponded with for his best price and he quoted 379 GBP plus trees plus shipping. In this case, I assumed around 30 GBP shipping, so 410 total without trees. In comparison, HGs would cost 384 GBP (as mentioned by a member) and to my knowledge the HGs are also without trees.

BTW, Ascot claims to be able to supply shoe trees for Vass.

Solid wood U-LASTED shoe trees are extra at £39.95 + Shipping

I am sounding like Ascot Shoe's spokesperson, but I dont hold his brief. I bought a G&G from him on ebay and it couldnt go through as he was not able to deduct VAT on that and he asked for 76 GBP shipping to India. I declined.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads