• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have one data point for you - I sold them my 2001 330ci this year for $4000. I can't make sense of this ******* KBB mobile site, but it looks like the retail value for it was $5k.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

depreciation (2 newer models after yours), plus Carmax has to make a re-sale profit on it later. Doesn't seem too bad. Sell it to a person, not a company trying to re-sell it.

I agree, still. Bought the car all in last year for ~$40k, depreciation must be insane for it to be worth only $26k a year later.

Going private party, dealers are selling this car for ~35k-36k on autotrader. If a year ago I could have gotten a '12 A4 w/ 20k miles for $26k I would have done so in a heartbeat, 26k is ridiculous.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree, still. Bought the car all in last year for ~$40k, depreciation must be insane for it to be worth only $26k a year later.

Going private party, dealers are selling this car for ~35k-36k on autotrader. If a year ago I could have gotten a '12 A4 w/ 20k miles for $26k I would have done so in a heartbeat, 26k is ridiculous.

The $26k seems off. I've looked for something like that for my wife, and I haven't seen anything close to that deal. Given, I haven't looked very hard and I'd be on the buyer's side.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$26 for your car is way way off. I'd expect low-to-mid 30s for your car, depending on mileage, at the very least.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It is only one calendar year later, but two Model years old. So that also depreciates it further.

Just do private party.

poena

Reaction score

nice. how has maintenance been?

my e39 m5 hasn't been bad at all.
I had to replace the fuel pump which I did myself and so far a couple suspension bushings. Other than that just regular oil changes. I've been shopping for another car but having trouble finding something to replace this car.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Babysitting the F10 for a few days. I know a couple of pages back someone mentioned how "blah" BMW interiors are. This particular one doesn't have extended leather, and it's remarkable how much plastic BMW managed to stuff inside the interior of a $100k car like the M5.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The word I used was "wretched."

Cell247

Reaction score
I, for one, really like the Panamera. Low, wide... can't go wrong with that.

That said, this is the car they should have made and I can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't.

Some how I still can't get used to any 4 door Porsches. But that actually looks really nice.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a 350Z last week, it was written off a couple of years ago so I got it at the bargain basement price of £5k (certified by my mechanic as being in good condition).
One of the first of the updated ones from late 2006 with built in sat nav, cruise control, car phone and a new and very expensive exhaust.

If I were a multimillionaire its not the car I would have gone for, but its probably the best car I could afford within my current conditions.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Congrats on the car. Drive it in good health.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Lyft driver this morning seems like a perfect female companion for GF.

Recent grad looking for a new consulting gig (but not at one of the major firms) after quitting her previous consulting-ish job where she thought she was having to wade through too much mind numbing bureaucracy and wasn't getting paid enough for such demeaning work.

Also, she couldn't figure out how to get to my office's fairly major intersection...even after I gave her the opening directions. Her GPS app didn't want to accept an intersection instead of an address, and I think the meter was running the whole time she sat there diddling with her phone despite the route being "Get on the major road that is a block away, take it downtown to the exit for one of the major roads that my office is on, and then take that road until you get to the other major road (which is also the most famous street in the city)"

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur