• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a pic I took during a turnoff

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrecked my 2005 TSX on Monday...totaled. Was debating between a 2011 535 and a 2009 TL. Was leaning toward the 535, but went with the TL. The Mrs. and I decided it was better to avoid having a car payment and reached an agreement that when I finish in 2.5 years I can get a new M5.

Happy with the TL. Big technology improvement over my TSX.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not for me, but I'm sure this will appeal to some of you:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^maybe mystical tire wear can be classified as an act of god?

Well, according to the mechanic, since the tire was worn evenly, it wasn't due to any inherent issues with the car. He says the only explanation is that the previous owner failed to swap out that one tire at the time of replacement.

I find that hard to believe, given that the previous owner is a huge bimmer enthusiast who clearly spends a lot of money on his cars, but whatever.

Point being, that rear right tire has **** grip and on a spirited drive, I lost control of my car and the rear right tire hit a curb.

- Integral link needs to be replaced ($300)
- Some other suspension component whose name I'm forgetting ($500)
- Alignment ($100)
- Labor ($300)

= Sad GF.

If you're referring to the difference in tread depth between the two rear tires, there's nothing intrinsic to tread depth that affects the dry (or wet w/o standing water) traction of a tire.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you're referring to the difference in tread depth between the two rear tires, there's nothing intrinsic to tread depth that affects the dry (or wet w/o standing water) traction of a tire.

I should have clarified that the right tire practically has zero tread depth.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Racing slicks because racecar bro.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads