Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

The 2014 CTS redesign looks to be a winner. Lighter and more powerful than the MB E or BMW 5 series (even with their V8's) with better driving dynamics (just going from the few tests I've read) with a pretty decent exterior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  2. nootje

nootje Senior member

:facepalm:

Most guys that reach that level with their own company are really driven, to the point of being obsessed with work. The two men that i know that were in this position (one owned a company with circa 2500 people, my father, and a good friend who managed a listed company) both disliked being driven vehemently, as both found that driving themselves relaxed them and allowed them to take their mind of of work.

Once you get to that point, and you are responsible/own the company, you care too much to play angry birds in the back seat when you could be working.
    At least that was what both of them told me, and yes I do see the inconsistency in that if they really cared they would relish the opportunity to work more.

And lastly, as this thread needs to get back to cars, it might be a mainland euro thing as well. Only people that I know are being driven these days are the c-suite of listed co's and highest level government people, in the private sphere practically no one.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Go to Latin America or Asia and even the middle class have drivers. It's a wonderful thing. And yes, there's definitely a lot of angry birds being whipped out in the backseat (twss)

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Spoke with a Brazilian a while back and driver costs 1000-1200$ a month

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

The front does look very good. Have you seen the new escalade? On my phone now so I can't post pics but it's hideous. Obviously follows caddy's design cues but it just doesn't work.

I'm also not a fan of the ats' styling and I test drove one. Definitely felt balanced and light but the steering was numb and the turbo 4 banger didn't work for it at all. If it had an NA 6 I think it would be perfect.

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Ford? You're joaking right?

Porsche for sure.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I hate to admit, but BMW's styling for the 3 series feels lacking to me, especially with how the tail lights follow the 5 series' tail light design pretty much like a copy paste, but smaller. The hood seam not melding with the kidney grills anymore is atrocious too. It's all my eyes can see when I look at the front of any new bmw.

Absolutely love the way the 6 rear looks , front is okay. 7 is meh. 4 is good.

MB is killing it. Interested to see what their new C looks like.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

yep, Ford. the Mustang, Focus, Fusion, even those multiple crossovers whose names i don't care to learn. i mean, they're not exotics or anything but i think their styling is light years improved and has a distinct identity (well, except that one sedan that completely bites the Aston Martin)

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Brah if I'm not mistaken, all ford sedans have the Aston-esque grill.

Anyway, got my tires installed and the difference is night and day. The right rear was literally bald. Will post a pic when I get home. Lol.

Initial reaction is the contis are definitely softer than the ps2s.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I like the new designs, too. Was at the dealership Wednesday, spent time looking at two new S550's. The interior is especially nice, and the exterior looks more elegant than its predecessor.

11. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

+1

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Are you shopping for a new car? :bounce2:

--

My tire:

[​IMG]

Bald as fuck.

:embar:

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

New S is fucking pimp with the sport pack, definitely get this. The interior appears superb.

Number one car phantom, if I had one and a driver I would be smoking cigars in the back not fucking working.

If I had to drive then this

[​IMG]

14. Desi

Desi Senior member

The focus and the Fusion.

I would throw Dodge into the ring as improving their design over these past few years. Everytime I see a Dart in person I am impressed and I still love the Challenger

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Wow... I just looked at the interior pics of the new S class and it's straight up luscious. I don't think BMW or Audi can even compete with MB when it comes to this class of vehicle. I guess there's a reason why the vast majority of executives with drivers have an S class.

On my drive home today I was playing around with a CLS 63 AMG. Beautiful car.

And then a fucking riced out, tinted tail light g35 tried to race me. Fuck him.