• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darkkp

Reaction score
You want the lower height boot with the heel counter and cap toe, right? @Carmina should confirm but my recollection is that there isn't a pattern for that exact combination. My order was for basically the same thing just without the heel counter, ie. 80179 with brogue and medalion added.
Did you add broguing to the shaft as well?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Did you add broguing to the shaft as well?

Yes.

rejuvienate

Reaction score
You want the lower height boot with the heel counter and cap toe, right? @Carmina should confirm but my recollection is that there isn't a pattern for that exact combination. My order was for basically the same thing just without the heel counter, ie. 80179 with brogue and medalion added.

Sounds like a good makeup

Reaction score
I'm going with 80459, which is the boot in the middle, with medallion added to toe.
View attachment 1241648

My inspiration is the first pair Amaretto's I ever came across, an Alden make up by Citi Shoes. This boot started my obsession with rare shell (specifically lighter shell). Here is a picture of that boot from Misterg's Instagram post

What kind of sole are you going for? Is the medallion an additional charge?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of sole are you going for? Is the medallion an additional charge?
Probably double leather sole but might do single leather and commando or Victoria. Medallion is complementary. Basically anything already available as an option via customization tool is free if charge

Last edited:

Gertoshav

Reaction score
In anticipation of the GMTO, would like to hear some sizing advice from those familiar with Carmina lasts. I have a wide toe, high instep, high arch, and normal heel. Alden Modified 7D fits me the best, Alden Barrie 7E comes in second, and Allen Edmonds 97 7.5D comes in third. I'm considering the Longwing derbys or the Jumper boots, which have Detroit, Soller, Llubi, and Oscar lasts available it seems. I've ruled out the Soller based on Carmina's description of it having a regular fit on the instep and toe area. Any feedback on how the Detroit, Llubi, or Oscar lasts compare to Alden's Modified or Barrie? Thanks!

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In anticipation of the GMTO, would like to hear some sizing advice from those familiar with Carmina lasts. I have a wide toe, high instep, high arch, and normal heel. Alden Modified 7D fits me the best, Alden Barrie 7E comes in second, and Allen Edmonds 97 7.5D comes in third. I'm considering the Longwing derbys or the Jumper boots, which have Detroit, Soller, Llubi, and Oscar lasts available it seems. I've ruled out the Soller based on Carmina's description of it having a regular fit on the instep and toe area. Any feedback on how the Detroit, Llubi, or Oscar lasts compare to Alden's Modified or Barrie? Thanks!
I think you'd be good with all 3. No Detroit experience yet. Llubi has more instep room than Oscar, which I would say is close to a D width Barrie. 6.5 UK Llubi or Oscar should work. Assuming the same length for Detroit.

Gertoshav

Reaction score
I think you'd be good with all 3. No Detroit experience yet. Llubi has more instep room than Oscar, which I would say is close to a D width Barrie. 6.5 UK Llubi or Oscar should work. Assuming the same length for Detroit.
Thanks for the advice! I was just looking at the Carmina site and they describe the Oscar Jumper boots as low instep, so I've ruled the Oscar last out, so it will either be the Detroit or Llubi for me.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I was just looking at the Carmina site and they describe the Oscar Jumper boots as low instep, so I've ruled the Oscar last out, so it will either be the Detroit or Llubi for me.
I found Oscar to be similar to Barrie. Llubi is pretty high instep friendly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads