• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
I got my first pair of Carminas ... but they are for my wife :p. She commented that most of the shoe brands that I wear if they make a women's line look like shoes for boys. The welt on the Madison boots don't extend very far probably due to the lift that's needed from the heel, but she did comment the leather quality is great. (She didn't care much for the GYW nerdy talk). I did tell her the heel is real leather heel stack and not the plastic stuff that her designer brands use.

smoothguyto

Reaction score
I can't believe I missed the MTO event. Do they only do this once a year? I've tried a couple of lasts and Rain EEE seems to work the best for me. Even Forest EEE is too narrow. Overall pretty slim pickings in ready to wear for me.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Just so good.
IMG_2381.jpeg

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I missed the MTO event. Do they only do this once a year? I've tried a couple of lasts and Rain EEE seems to work the best for me. Even Forest EEE is too narrow. Overall pretty slim pickings in ready to wear for me.
With 2020 hindsight, Carmina has had two general MTO events and has hosted numerous StyleForum x Carmina MTOs. I don’t know if that’s because it’s 2020 or it’s a part of the “new normal” or “great reset”. Keep an eye on this thread as things pop up out of the blue.
It‘s actually been rather fantastic to see how well a maker can engage with an active community to deliver awesomeness.

NadalRG

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing delays with their order? I ordered last Saturday and wrote to them yesterday since they hadn't post a shipping link, they responded telling me my order will be processed in the next couple of days because they're busy from their Holiday's sale.

I will be receiving my AM from freaking Italy BEFORE my Carminas from NYC and I ordered both on the same day....oh and AM had 2 days off because of Italian holidays.

How does that make sense?

I'm on the East Coast btw.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's an annual event and it's generally hosted during October from what I've gathered over the past 2 or so years.

TFM88

Reaction score
I've done a lot of reading and looking around but I'm having a hard time picturing the difference between the Forest and Robert last for a pair of balmoral boots (those in MTO right now actually, link below).

If anyone has any photos or input I'd appreciate it. I do intend to wear the boots in both formal(ish) and informal occasions so I'm wondering which last is better. For what I can tell from pictures online, the Robert is sleeker and perhaps has more "shape" (young perhaps?) than the Forest.
I've seen the descriptions on Carminas' website but honestly it doesn't help and they don't offer photos of their models from above.

ErPupone4

Reaction score
I've done a lot of reading and looking around but I'm having a hard time picturing the difference between the Forest and Robert last for a pair of balmoral boots (those in MTO right now actually, link below).

If anyone has any photos or input I'd appreciate it. I do intend to wear the boots in both formal(ish) and informal occasions so I'm wondering which last is better. For what I can tell from pictures online, the Robert is sleeker and perhaps has more "shape" (young perhaps?) than the Forest.
I've seen the descriptions on Carminas' website but honestly it doesn't help and they don't offer photos of their models from above.
No experience with Robert, but I think Forest works well for formal or informal. I own a derby and two chukka boots in Forest. It's still a sleek last, at least in the US. Here are my chukkas.
20200921_104215.jpg
20200921_104148.jpg

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1515060

Got my first pair of Carmina. Great shoes but I'm not sure how it fits on me. Length wise, it is fine but the gaping between the laces on the right shoe is significantly bigger than the left one. Any insight?
Your right foot is bigger than your left foot. If they fit fine lengthwise I would not worry about it. Eventually, the leather will stretch and that gap will close a little bit.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
View attachment 1515060

Got my first pair of Carmina. Great shoes but I'm not sure how it fits on me. Length wise, it is fine but the gaping between the laces on the right shoe is significantly bigger than the left one. Any insight?

How does the width feel at the midfoot? I think there are various reasons why this can happen but this issue happens to me occasionally when the midfoot of the shoe is too narrow. This causes my foot to push on the side of the shoe by the welt and cause the neck of the shoe to gap like that. You can try to tie the laces tighter but this might not be a good last for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads