• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
String loafers.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a shipping notice from Carmina, but the only open order I have is from the Color 4 gmto. I wasn’t expecting that for months; did anyone else get a shipping email for a color 4/amaretto order?
Yup. Posted a page back.

Eddie.Lin

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of Chelsea. I believe it's in Carmina's new Balitx last. Well... I wish I could be better at taking pictures.. Fit wise, first impression is that it's similar to Rain, though I did went half a size down from my normal Rain size as I wanted to have a more snug fit this time (I hope I won't regret this decision lol). I'll start wearing them more to see what's the fit like after I get them back from having top plate installed and boot trees made.
Image_20201030215259.jpg

Image_20201030215309.jpg
Image_20201030215324.jpg

Image_20201030215316.jpg

Last edited:

miamidoc

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of Chelsea. I believe it's in Carmina's new Balitx last. Well... I wish I could be better at taking pictures.. Fit wise, first impression is that it's similar to Rain, though I did went half a size down from my normal Rain size as I wanted to have a more snug fit this time (I hope I won't regret this decision lol). I'll start wearing them more to see what's the fit like after I get them back from having top plate installed and boot trees made.
View attachment 1487340
View attachment 1487343 View attachment 1487344

View attachment 1487345
Those look really good!! I’ve been itching to see one of those worn. Kinda scared to order that last due to width issues. The length on those look majestic. Eager to hear more about them after you wear them some more.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1487340
View attachment 1487343 View attachment 1487344

View attachment 1487345
Very interested in your feedback on the fit of this last.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit wise, first impression is that it's similar to Rain, though I did went half a size down from my normal Rain size as I wanted to have a more snug fit this time (I hope I won't regret this decision lol). I'll start wearing them more to see what's the fit like after I get them back from having top plate installed and boot trees made.

If you're a bit unsure of the fit, perhaps it would be better to wear them around (preferably inside) for a while to see whether they're fine or whether they're too small, rather than rushing out and getting toe plates installed and boot trees made?

Otherwise, if they end up being too snug and you want to return or sell them, you'll have wasted your money.

Eddie.Lin

Reaction score
If you're a bit unsure of the fit, perhaps it would be better to wear them around (preferably inside) for a while to see whether they're fine or whether they're too small, rather than rushing out and getting toe plates installed and boot trees made?

Otherwise, if they end up being too snug and you want to return or sell them, you'll have wasted your money.
Thanks for the advise. I've tried both 6 and 6.5 in store first. While 6 is a little bit tighter than what I'm used to, there's no pain. Only minor issue I had was the slight pressure on the instep and midfoot after I tried it on again last night after all day's walking, and I think that should disappear after it's broken in.

Eddie.Lin

Reaction score
Those look really good!! I’ve been itching to see one of those worn. Kinda scared to order that last due to width issues. The length on those look majestic. Eager to hear more about them after you wear them some more.
Thanks! I'll start wearing them after about 2-3 weeks (toe plate + boot trees) and I should be able to have more information on the fit. I would say its instep is slightly lower than Rain last, unless you instep is really high, you could take your normal Rain size for this. If in doubt, it's best to try it on in a store first if you are able to.

Very interested in your feedback on the fit of this last.
Definitely will once I get the chance to wear them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads