• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Webbo

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm interested in a pair of navy shell 532s on Detroit EEE (https://www.carminashoemaker.us/mto-finished-2198/reddit-cordovan-navy-532), but I haven't tried Carmina's Detroit EEE before. It's unclear to me if I'd be able to return these if the sizing wasn't correct. Under 'Delivery and returns' it references a $35 return cost, but I also see that this shoe is under the MTO tab which I thought were not eligible for returns... Any insight is appreciated.

Also, from what I can tell in this thread Detroit EEE is wider than Forest EEE. Can anyone speak to approximately how much wider Detroit EEE is? I just purchased a pair of NSTs in 8UK Forest EEE and they're a bit snug. (For reference I wear 8.5 EEE in most Allen Edmonds lasts, with 511 and 201 being my best fits and 65 being inconsistent along my instep. 8-8.5 EEE in Grant Stone works well too.)

I have a couple of pairs on the Detroit EEE, my personal view is that the width is a little greater than the EE but the volume is quite a lot more.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to sell my Amaretto Shell Wingtip boots. UK8E Llubi last. Brass eyelets and speedhooks, double JR soles. Worn once for a couple hours. $725 shipped CONUS. PM if interested.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell jumpers in the older version of cognac. Need to wear these more; I had to knock off some bloom:
B0994855-5810-4F78-AC6E-E46F9079E9B8.jpeg

DL120

Reaction score
Guys, I need some help to nail down my sizing with Detroit and Buger lasts, I wear 9UK in Rain, Llubi and 9.5UK in Uetam. I would wear both shoes with dress socks, so no chunky socks.
Thanks!
I already told you! Clearly, you don’t trust my judgement ? lol. Wait you size up for loafer? ?

jamie411

Reaction score
Guys, I need some help to nail down my sizing with Detroit and Buger lasts, I wear 9UK in Rain, Llubi and 9.5UK in Uetam. I would wear both shoes with dress socks, so no chunky socks.
Thanks!

Got a lead on a solid Mexican source for Carmina?!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I already told you! Clearly, you don’t trust my judgement ? lol. Wait you size up for loafer? ?

Hahaha I trust you on Detroit last but Buger is different hahaha.

Got a lead on a solid Mexican source for Carmina?!

Nope, just the ones I have and some C&J I tried on.

adrs1157

Reaction score
Thanks!
I wear a 8 UK for Oscar, 8 UK for Llubi and 7.5 UK for Detroit, all with thin socks. Though it should be noted, Oscar fits noticeably more snug than the other two which is how I like my dress shoes to fit. The other two are boots. For Llubi and Detroit, there is more volume pretty much everywhere compared to Oscar. I would not be able to size down further, however.

I have a low instep and slightly wide feet. Even at a 1/2 size down from Llubi and Oscar, Detroit still has a way higher instep.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear a 8 UK for Oscar, 8 UK for Llubi and 7.5 UK for Detroit, all with thin socks. Though it should be noted, Oscar fits noticeably more snug than the other two which is how I like my dress shoes to fit. The other two are boots. For Llubi and Detroit, there is more volume pretty much everywhere compared to Oscar. I would not be able to size down further, however.

I have a low instep and slightly wide feet. Even at a 1/2 size down from Llubi and Oscar, Detroit still has a way higher instep.
Nice! Thanks! I think I will go with 8.5UK in Detroit and 9UK in Buger.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Updating with pics.
Looking to sell my Amaretto Shell Wingtip boots. UK8E Llubi last. Brass eyelets and speedhooks, double JR soles. Worn once for a couple hours. $700 shipped CONUS.

Last comparison: Alden Plaza, Llubi, C&J 325, Alden Barrie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads