• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

zag73

Reaction score
This being my photo that was used as a comparison, (Forest last), I’d maintain ankles that fill up the shaft of a boot should more be referred to as cankles; however I concur that what you are seeing has little to do with how Carmina’s boots are constructed. It’s a simple matter of fit in my particular case.
Haha! Cankles. Those are the boots I’m thinking of getting in the Rain last.

yunBW

Reaction score
Quick question, is it possible for me to have carmina contact me about having changes to my mto after placing the order?Thanks

zag73

Reaction score
This being my photo that was used as a comparison, (Forest last), I’d maintain ankles that fill up the shaft of a boot should more be referred to as cankles; however I concur that what you are seeing has little to do with how Carmina’s boots are constructed. It’s a simple matter of fit in my particular case.
Haha! Cankles Those are the boots I’m thinking of getting in the Rain last.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any images of an NST on the Detroit? Back in Feb while debating my amaretto build Carmina confirmed it could be done. Curious if anyone has a pair and how the toe looks.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Alcudia is also quite similar to Simpson but with an almond toe.
Thank you for your answer.

Regarding the Forest and Oscar fit, did you take TTS? Would you recommend size for me?

My sizes are:
Brannock UK7
Rain UK7E
Simpson UK7.5E

flylikeneagle

Reaction score

Regarding the Forest and Oscar fit, did you take TTS? Would you recommend size for me?

My sizes are:
Brannock UK7
Rain UK7E
Simpson UK7.5E
Forest runs TTS. Widthwise it's slightly narrow. Forest E (standard width meaning US D) is narrower than Alden Aberdeen D width, which many find to be on the narrow side. I'm partial to round toe design and love Forest aesthetically.

l33tcoder

Reaction score
I am planning on ordering a pair of boots (MTO) in bicolor of chestnut karengrein and chestnut museum. I am trying to find out some shoes in chestnut museum and didnt find any. Anyone has a pair in chestnut museum and would be kind enough to post some pics! I would like to see how similar the chestnut museum and karengrein colors are.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My sizes are:
Brannock UK7
Rain UK7E
Simpson UK7.5E
Given that you size up for Simpson, I would say TTS - they both have a more generous instep than Simpson.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am planning on ordering a pair of boots (MTO) in bicolor of chestnut karengrein and chestnut museum. I am trying to find out some shoes in chestnut museum and didnt find any. Anyone has a pair in chestnut museum and would be kind enough to post some pics! I would like to see how similar the chestnut museum and karengrein colors are.
Don’t have any shoes in chestnut museum, but I do have photos Carmina sent me - each photo taken in indirect natural light with brown on top and chestnut on bottom.

C6A0A5A9-2600-4646-A803-55E2501605D1.jpeg

EE13C7CE-188A-4528-9924-27A60F913F63.jpeg

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Don’t have any shoes in chestnut museum, but I do have photos Carmina sent me - each photo taken in indirect natural light with brown on top and chestnut on bottom
Thanks a lot! The color seems similar to Gold museum of Vass/Enzo Bonafe. This is very useful.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what last options are available for the 907?

zag73

Reaction score
@Carmina does the Kirby discount code end tonight? I’d like to order another pair of shoes.

zag73

Reaction score
Anyone ordered any MTO polo suede shoes? If so, what colour sole edging did you go for? I’m looking at adding a dainite sole but not sure whether to choose chestnut or brown edging.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ordered any MTO polo suede shoes? If so, what colour sole edging did you go for? I’m looking at adding a dainite sole but not sure whether to choose chestnut or brown edging.
Yes, I went with chestnut. I can see if I have a pic.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a couple...

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.