• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calikid

Reaction score
CARMINA MTO!
Since we will have a store in Sweden selling Carmina from 11 october (http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se) i wanted to do a MTO. I sent NAMOR a PM since he said in this thread that he was thinking the same. We decided to do a copy of the boot Nick at Horwwen got from Carmina, except with dark green lining. If you want in you are more than welcome, if we are six people we avoid the MTO fee. I you want in write in the thread so others know but please PM me so i don´t miss anyone.
The design is set and not up for discussion.
This is the details:
Model 80184
Cognac Shell
Dainite sole
Green Lining
Speedhooks
Flat Welt
Last: Oscar
Price in SEK with VAT: 5700
Price in SEK without VAT: 4560
Regarding price. I need to get final confirmation from Leaves since Carmina did raise their prices this week.
This is the boot: http://horween.wordpress.com/2011/01/05/perks/
Something happened to my text editor here at SF so i can´t post the pic in the thread....strange.
Looks phenomenal!

Last edited:

Calikid

Reaction score
ok so i am confused, you bought a brand new carmina shell cordovan boot and immediately re-soled it? if so why would you do this? i am not trying to be rude, honestly i dont understand. Unless this is a re-sole after lots of wear
Here are some better pics of my resoled Carminas.....I wanted a more casual boot... can I still wear with a suit?

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CARMINA MTO!
Since we will have a store in Sweden selling Carmina from 11 october (http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se) i wanted to do a MTO. I sent NAMOR a PM since he said in this thread that he was thinking the same. We decided to do a copy of the boot Nick at Horwwen got from Carmina, except with dark green lining. If you want in you are more than welcome, if we are six people we avoid the MTO fee. I you want in write in the thread so others know but please PM me so i don´t miss anyone.
This is the details:
Model 80184
Cognac Shell
Dainite sole
Green Lining
Speedhooks
Flat Welt
Regarding price. I need to get final confirmation from Leaves since Carmina did raise their prices this week.
Something happened to my text editor here at SF so i can´t post the pic in the thread....strange.

PM'd

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CARMINA MTO!
This is the details:
Model 80184
Cognac Shell
Dainite sole
Green Lining
Speedhooks
Flat Welt

In and green lining is for sure the best lining color

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do we know how long it takes to produce? 3-5 months?

Epaulet seems to be getting stuff in under 2 months? They have so many mtos going but it's quick, 5 months would be on the longer side I think

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulet seems to be getting stuff in under 2 months? They have so many mtos going but it's quick, 5 months would be on the longer side I think

okay for sure. still waiting for the AS MTO and its been almost 4 months so thats why i assumed the same. I am in though, sounds amazing. Anyone have idea on fitting of oscar last?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

okay for sure. still waiting for the AS MTO and its been almost 4 months so thats why i assumed the same. I am in though, sounds amazing. Anyone have idea on fitting of oscar last?

Nope, sent a pm asking to frank though

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oscar is a little wide, as many Carmina lasts are. Certainly wider than the incredibly sleek last looks. Slightly higher instep than Inca, I think (though I'm comparing very different makeups). Fortunately, open laced boots are the easiest thing to fit. Probably ordering your Inca/Forest/Robert size in Oscar would be the way to go.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oscar is a little wide, as many Carmina lasts are. Certainly wider than the incredibly sleek last looks. Slightly higher instep than Inca, I think (though I'm comparing very different makeups). Fortunately, open laced boots are the easiest thing to fit. Probably ordering your Inca/Forest/Robert size in Oscar would be the way to go.

Great to hear, need that wider fit and higher instep. Would I take barrie size? So 10.5D in barrie, 9.5 UK?

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ive only tried simpson in suede and i feel they are a little snug in the toe box. i wear a us 10 but ordered them in a uk9. do you guys suggest size 9 in the oscar or step down to 8.5?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Here are some better pics of my resoled Carminas.....I wanted a more casual boot... can I still wear with a suit?

i just dont understand why do that to a pair of carmina boots trickers makes clunky stuff like that, that contrast sole will work with a "country" look but not a day to day city look, i almost thing the boots are sw&d now and should be worn w/jeans

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My G&G MTO is 5 months and counting :crazy:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics