• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OdusBK

Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of suede chelsea boots - I've have several pairs on the rain last and I've found that it fits me well. For some reason, I feel that these chelsea boots are a bit looser than the other pairs I have.

I tried them on at the end of the day when I got home from work so I feel my foot is pretty much as swollen as it will get... is this the typical experience with chelsea boots?

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoa...........:slayer:

I got a red box today, too! :) Brown grain 80184 jumpers on Oscar last with a belt and card holder from the BF sale. The Oscar is a great fit on me. Thanks to @Carmina chat and @jet-stream for the fitting consultations.

These are very comfy out of the box. They were not as initially stiff as my Soller jumpers. The lower instep helps me quite a bit. They also have a lace loop built into the tongue to keep it in place. A nice surprise detail. The Victoria rubber sole is winter appropriate, but not too thick such that they still have an elegant profile. Workmanship and finishing are top notch. Came with 2 boot bags, and extra laces. Love my new cap toes!

I usually go for silver belt buckles, so was unsure about getting the gold one. It is not super shiny, which I quite like. It came in its own belt bag, which was a very nice finishing touch!

View attachment 1103249 View attachment 1103250 View attachment 1103251 View attachment 1103252 View attachment 1103253
Congratulations! They look very nice.

Exceptional!
Thank you. They turned out well.

These look amazing. Congrats! In my view Oscar appears to be the perfect last for the NST boot. Aesthetically it has the right balance between elegance and robustness.

Would love to see these in natural light when you have the chance to take more pics!
Thank you. I will share more photos when I wear them outside.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GOAT shell chukka:

CDC79387-AAD2-4D7C-AA7B-1EFE85232EAD.jpeg
D85CE413-0505-4D3A-8448-56C6C490A02A.jpeg

Canadianguy

Reaction score
I placed a custom order on the Carmina website the other day and within 24 hours sent them an email asking to change the last on the order. Haven’t heard back three days later now. A little disappointed with their responsiveness. Has anyone else had any luck modifying their custom order after placing it?

Subidoc

Reaction score
I placed a custom order on the Carmina website the other day and within 24 hours sent them an email asking to change the last on the order. Haven’t heard back three days later now. A little disappointed with their responsiveness. Has anyone else had any luck modifying their custom order after placing it?
When I placed an order for boots a year ago, I wanted to change the sole a day after. Emails confirmed acceptance of the request. When I received the order, the change had not been implemented. I accepted that as there was no obvious manufacturing defect. Just wanted to tell you that even if your emails are answered in favor of your request, be ready to accept what you initially ordered.

Canadianguy

Reaction score
When I placed an order for boots a year ago, I wanted to change the sole a day after. Emails confirmed acceptance of the request. When I received the order, the change had not been implemented. I accepted that as there was no obvious manufacturing defect. Just wanted to tell you that even if your emails are answered in favor of your request, be ready to accept what you initially ordered.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Good to know.

tchan

Reaction score
Looking to purchase the Carmina double monks (Inca last). I’m typically a 10.5 EEE on Allen Edmonds St Johns Double monks or 11 EEE in their Oxfords.

What size should I get for Carmina in the Inca last since I didn’t see wide sizes available on their site. Thanks!

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
Looking to purchase the Carmina double monks (Inca last). I’m typically a 10.5 EEE on Allen Edmonds St Johns Double monks or 11 EEE in their Oxfords.

What size should I get for Carmina in the Inca last since I didn’t see wide sizes available on their site. Thanks!

Why does every AE customer think his feet are extra-wide or extra-narrow?

MGitlis

Reaction score

Same here, corrections made and acknowledged a couple of days after ordering were not implemented. Still happy with how my boots came out!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'll let you know come April when I go to NYC to try them on at their store.
Because some of us genuinely do. I wear 2E/3E in Rancourt and Alden was well. J.Fitzpatrick was a tight fit even with his MTO only wide fittings.

There's plenty of AE people shoved into D widths just to sell shoes.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Carmina still do the line drawing last comparisons? I asked for one via their office email a week ago and have yet to hear back.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe some of them are? Like me. My feet are EE brannock, and I’m not willing to wear shoes that are too long just to cram my foot into a standard-width last.

Also, AE runs narrow relative to most makers.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Depends on the shape of your foot. Are your toes fanned out, pigeon toed, or spade shaped?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads