• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WilYa

Reaction score
Quite pleased with my MTO though. Finally achieved multi-tonation with this Balmoral on Simpson last. It arrived just before XMAS so quite impressed with the productivity.
On another note, I still don't understand they use eyelets rather than hooks in the shaft part for this model.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite pleased with my MTO though. Finally achieved multi-tonation with this Balmoral on Simpson last. It arrived just before XMAS so quite impressed with the productivity.
On another note, I still don't understand they use eyelets rather than hooks in the shaft part for this model.

And I would be shocked to see hooks on what is in theory a formal style boot being a bal...while yours clearly crosses to casual wear with the multi tones. I love multi tones and textured boots...I personally hate balmoral boots but that is one that I would wear! Well done.

insy

Reaction score
Quote:
Well, customer service varies from country to country but obviously from company to company as well. Even within Germany you can clearly see different type of so called "customer service" if you travel to the south or the north. It is simply the mentality, which is different in every area. There are places where people get pissed off for waiting a minute at the checkout, while elsewhere nobody is gonna mind to wait 15 minutes for a beer :)

WilYa

Reaction score
And I would be shocked to see hooks on what is in theory a formal style boot being a bal...while yours clearly crosses to casual wear with the multi tones. I love multi tones and textured boots...I personally hate balmoral boots but that is one that I would wear! Well done.
Thanks! While I understand the perception of being formal but I don't think hooks would have an impact. They're out of sight most of the time anyway but simply much more practical.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: I hear you...not a speedhook fan and being that I cross my ankles when I work ....makes them all the worse for me. Though I have to say the hooks on EG Galway are terrific while Aldens may be the worst of all.

ddr000

Reaction score
Not sure if this is already well known, I haven't seen this info on this site yet, but it looks like Carmina may be opening a store in NYC soon.

I was searching for Carmina's US email address, and google came up with a link for a job posting for a store manager in NYC -- http://us.fashionjobs.com/job/Store-manager,1869414.html#.WJxN1korKKs

Says store opening planned for April. Probably a bit optimistic for a job posted a week ago, but if true this will be really welcome. I have become quite a fan of their shoes recently, being able to see options and try them on in person would be a very welcome improvement!

LeatherFoot

Reaction score
I asked this query in another thread Carmina sizing thread, but this one seems more active.

I have Inca double monks at UK 8 that fits me quite snugly. I was thinking of getting Forest Jodhpur or Chelseas (still deciding) from their online store. Do you think that UK 8.5 would be fit me okay given my Inca size?

Cheers!

The Forest has less room in the toe box than the Inca so it is likely a good idea to size up half if you prefer something that as snug.

mistermike

Reaction score
Thinking about having a pair of burgundy chukkas made up in the Oscar last. Any opinions on how that will look? Not sleek enough? Would prefer Rain, but Oscar seems to fit me better in the toebox

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another poorly executed example...
Ouch! Is there a difference in the MTO option that would have caused that to happen?

Sucks to hear all these disappointing results from Carmina on the jodhpurs and chelseas. They nailed my shell jodhpurs, and I'm loving them to death.

Very Nice!

Those are very cool looking!

EMW83

Reaction score

What are people's opinions on these double monks I just received from Carmina? This is my first time ordering from them and tbh, I'm a bit disappointed with some of the finishing (and that's after waiting weeks longer than I should have after they forgot my order).

Am I being too picky or would others here be looking to return them? What are other people's experiences here with their customer service with regards to responsiveness and paying for return postage?

Eddielch

Reaction score
Just shipped back those V seam chelsea boots to Betty for refund. May skip carmina for quite a while after this incident...

ino68

Reaction score
Send them back. While the scuffs where the buckle is are normal, the other issues are just signs of shoddy work. At a seconds discount price it might be fine, but otherwise it's just bad QC.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy she'll chukkas today. These are giving me a painful break in, but they're so purrrdy it's worth it...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads