• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Photos taken at dusk with flash, sun still up barely. Color is pretty close to accurate. Red but not extreme. Would look good with navy slacks/suit. Take a walk on the wild side
biggrin.gif

NewYawker

Reaction score

Photos taken at dusk with flash, sun still up barely. Color is pretty close to accurate. Red but not extreme. Would look good with navy slacks/suit. Take a walk on the wild side :D

Thanks jazz. I really love the color. Your boots look great. I might just take the plunge especially with the euro where it is right now. Cheers.

tjyoung

Reaction score
Alright y'all. After looking at so many great Carmina's for a while, and with the Euro where it currently stands vs. the USD, it's time to purchase my first pair.

Long-time Allen Edmonds buyer here. Some quick bullets on my sizing:

• All of my shoes are 11B
  • Some fit snug (5-last Strand and Strawfut, probably could have gone 11C)
  • But some fit large (mostly the 333-lasted bluchers like the Flatiron, Larchmont, and Parkway; the 333-lasted balmorals fit fine actually like the Rutledge)
  • The 511-last Dalton fits me a little too large as well

So, this leads me to my questions if anyone has any advice:

• I am looking for a sleek last. Which should I go with? Rain? Simpson?
    • Which last would be best for my narrow foot?
  • What size should I go with in this last? 10? 10.5?
  • Where should I purchase from? Gentlemen's Footwear? Other?
  • Any recommendations for a first pair or two? I have 30+ pairs of AE, so I'm not trying to fill a hole or anything. Let's hear your #1 and #2 choices, no matter the need.

Thanks in advance for the help!

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TJ - the Simpson and Alcudia are the two narrowest lasts, so look at them. The Simpson is also a low instep last so take that into account. Since you're using AE as a baseline, I am a 12.5 C on the 5 last and an 11 UK on the Simpson. I don't like the fit of the Alcudia, so can't comment on it.

NewYawker

Reaction score
Alright y'all. After looking at so many great Carmina's for a while, and with the Euro where it currently stands vs. the USD, it's time to purchase my first pair.

TJ - as other have already mentioned you will want to try simpson and alcudia lasts. I would also recommend uetam last which is generally reserved for loafers. Carmina offers a very well made shoe at a fantastic price point. Steve at gentlemens footwear is a great vendor - he runs a few different mto's often so check out his thread for the current offerings. I would also highly recommend the guys at skoak - they have a nice selection and run a fantastic operation. Good luck in the hunt.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Selection isn't complete though, for example, the green cordovan boots and the lizard chelseas aren't there.

PeeCeeBee

Reaction score

I have had excellent service ordering directly from the Carmina site in Spain. They were offering free delivery, don't know if that's still the case. Took 5 days for my shoes to arrive.

Was still valid when I placed my order last Friday. Shoes arrived on Wednesday this week.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've no idea, I'm not so familiar with Carmina. I have about 4 pairs of the shoes picked up over the past year or so. I just happened to be in the Barcelona branch whilst on holiday and the two shoes mentioned above caught my eye.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads