• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ both look great. the rain wingtip is perfect

some burgundy shell cordovan variance here too:

width

l-r trickers, vass, alden, alden, alden, meermin (old), carmina, crockett & jones

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That is just fantastic. If you don't mind where did you get the Trickers?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thank you! those were from from frans boone. i believe they currently have a brown shell version on their site

admiratus

Reaction score
In Barcelona for work this week and decided to swing by the Carmina store for a new pair of Oxfords. But ended up walking away with 3 pairs. Photos of my haul below. I really like the rain last, but is it just me or does the forest last make your feet look small? I kind of wish I had gotten the Oxfords in a different last. Any thoughts on my Oxfords? I've been reading that the Simpson last is quite nice and has a chiseled toe.

I really like my double monks though!

Tan Double Monk on Inca last

Brown wing tips on Rain Last

Black Cap Toe Oxford on Forest last

mcl911

Reaction score

In Barcelona for work this week and decided to swing by the Carmina store for a new pair of Oxfords. But ended up walking away with 3 pairs. Photos of my haul below. I really like the rain last, but is it just me or does the forest last make your feet look small? I kind of wish I had gotten the Oxfords in a different last. Any thoughts on my Oxfords? I've been reading that the Simpson last is quite nice and has a chiseled toe.

I really like my double monks though!

Tan Double Monk on Inca last

Brown wing tips on Rain Last

Black Cap Toe Oxford on Forest last

Nice shoes! I like the wingtip most, do you find rain last has more room than forest? Do you take the same size?

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Simpson either works or it doesn't for most of our customers. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. Some go a half size up. Oscar is underrated in my opinion.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. Inca last? Doesn't look as pointy there as it usually does in other pics I've seen. What size are those?

admiratus

Reaction score
All 3 are size 10.5. The rain last felt slightly tighter than the forest last for me. But that could be because I had them on for far longer throughout the day. So far so good. Haven't worn the double monks outside yet.

admiratus

Reaction score

Nice. Inca last? Doesn't look as pointy there as it usually does in other pics I've seen. What size are those?

Here's another shot of just the toes of the forest last oxford and the Inca last Double monk. You can see the difference in the pointiness

admiratus

Reaction score

Last day in Barcelona and had to get one more pair before flying back home. Picked up the the Chelsea boot in Simpson last. The gentlemen at the Barcelona store are very good and let you try on as many shoes as you please. I happened to pick up a belt on the side too. Can't wait for my next visit to Spain.

mcl911

Reaction score

Last day in Barcelona and had to get one more pair before flying back home. Picked up the the Chelsea boot in Simpson last. The gentlemen at the Barcelona store are very good and let you try on as many shoes as you please. I happened to pick up a belt on the side too. Can't wait for my next visit to Spain.

Nice how do you feel with different last?
I went to carmina shop in Paris last Christmas and they don't stock anything I interested in my size, so I end up just leave without trying anything

admiratus

Reaction score

Nice how do you feel with different last?
I went to carmina shop in Paris last Christmas and they don't stock anything I interested in my size, so I end up just leave without trying anything

Every shoe that I got feels really good. I've only worn the cap toe and the wingtips for full days and they were feeling good even after a full day, with only minimal discomfort from breaking in the shoe. I like the look of the rain and Simpson last the best and the Chelsea boot is so comfortable. I'm going to wear it later tonight for dinner and see how it feels.

MTLinStyle

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lesliemalton