• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get a hold of (email) the Carmina main web site? The site doesn't have that option. I'm trying to find the 922 model in shell cordovan burdeos, 9.5 UK.
Thanks

E-mail [email protected] . Tell her what you want, including the model number, and she will send you a Paypal link to purchase them.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snuff suede 5 eyelet chukka on dainite, right?
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

In the end, Carmina makes great shoes and they are all good options. We only need 1-2 more people for the snuff suede version though! It's getting close!
bounce2.gif

I'm in for the 5 eyelet in snuff suede on Danite. Thanks for organizing.

thehaven22

Reaction score
I am interested in organizing a Carmina suede chukka GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget's program. I'm trying to get this going this month before Carmina/Skoaktiebolaget's price increase in March. With the strength of the USD to the SEK, this is a good time to organize an order.

These chukkas will be a work horse by being able to worn in both casual and business casual settings easily. A lighter shade of suede is something that will add another dimension to your shoe rotation. The makeup is:
Model: 905 5 eyelet chukka

Last: Rain
Sole: Dainite
Leather: Snuff suede
Price: ~$390 + shipping, which may be around $40 if shipping to the US. A 50% nonrefundable deposit is required at the start of the GMTO, with the balance + shipping is charged once the shoes ship.

We need 6 people to do a GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget, and so far we have 3-4 interested. Let me know if you want in on this makeup or if you have any further questions, but the link to Skoaktiebolaget's GMTO program should answer most questions. For fit questions, it is best to email Skaoktiebolaget directly, but I've found sizing down 1-1.5 from your Brannock works for Rain lasted chukkas. I'm looking forward to getting this GMTO off the ground.
Last call for this makeup. We have gotten 6 people, so this is just a heads up for anyone who still wants to jump in.

I'm in for the 5 eyelet in snuff suede on Danite. Thanks for organizing.

Great! Can't wait for this boot!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

So has the lizard Chelsea GMTO idea lost steam?

Just an FYI you don't need to do a GMTO. I ordered mine directly from Carmina last week.

Thanks.

I've had some hassles buying exotic skin items from overseas in the past.

Just don't want to deal with it again.

There's a pretty significant additional tax/duty (due to something called CITES).  The GMTO ends up being considerably cheaper and I don't mind waiting until April/May for it.

If you're still interested in the GMTO, you might reach out to Steve at Gentlemen's Footwear to see if you can still get in on it.

Yep, I managed sneak in at the last minute.
Sent my deposit this morning.

scrolls

Reaction score
Tan chukka GMTO - only need 1-2 more!

Carmina chukka model #10027
3-eyelets
Tan calf leather
Rain last
Dainite sole
~$385 USD (50% deposit required)

So the boot will essentially be this...

LL

but with 3-eyelets as seen here (this is the actual model)...

W4V8VxM.jpg

I fell in love with the idea of this chukka idea when seeing pictures of the tan calf leather--truly a unique color that will be worn with everything from jeans to slacks. Few more pictures of it below.

iBQlboCm.jpg

wYh1xgkm.jpg

Carmina is increasing their prices March 1 so I'm hoping to get this going ASAP. The GMTO will be through Skoaktiebolaget. We need 6 people total and so far we have 4 (+1 strong maybe), so only 1-2 more needed! Cheers!

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tan chukka GMTO - only need 1-2 more!

Carmina chukka model #10027
3-eyelets
Tan calf leather
Rain last
Dainite sole
~$385 USD (50% deposit required)

So the boot will essentially be this...

LL

but with 3-eyelets as seen here (this is the actual model)...

W4V8VxM.jpg

I fell in love with the idea of this chukka idea when seeing pictures of the tan calf leather--truly a unique color that will be worn with everything from jeans to slacks. Few more pictures of it below.

iBQlboCm.jpg

wYh1xgkm.jpg

Carmina is increasing their prices March 1 so I'm hoping to get this going ASAP. The GMTO will be through Skoaktiebolaget. We need 6 people total and so far we have 4 (+1 strong maybe), so only 1-2 more needed! Cheers!
Price increase is 3% bro - not exactly breaking the bank with that announcement

Last edited:

cowsgomoomoo

Reaction score
Gents, I was wondering if the tobacco suede is as versatile as something darker shade (chocolate suede)? I am looking for a suede mainly for weekend and since I wear smart casual to work, this piece of shoe can also be for work.

diglett

Reaction score
Gents, I was wondering if the tobacco suede is as versatile as something darker shade (chocolate suede)? I am looking for a suede mainly for weekend and since I wear smart casual to work, this piece of shoe can also be for work.
I have a pair of shoes in --I THINK-- the new tobacco (with the old tobacco being renamed "Fox" I think). The color is beautiful but it definitely stands out more than a more standard suede. Chocolate is VERY dark, snuff is a fairly standard, healthy medium brown, and tobacco is a lighter and more reddish brown.

Lightest I would go is snuff for standard wear.

cowsgomoomoo

Reaction score
Thanks. Will certainly consider the snuff if the right model comes up. Besides I already have a cognac calf & dark brown. The snuff falls in between.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt