• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alvinbmx

Reaction score
Suede dub monk on the Simpson sounds cool, not sure about the Dainite sole tho. What color suede were you thinking?

I am thinking of brown suede. Light or dark is fine.

The reason why i am thinking of Dainite sole is because it is really durable and this makes its a good pair of shoes for traveling. Rain or shine, no worries
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

What do you think?

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Some additional pictures of our Carmina cordovan sale models.
nod[1].gif

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We will go with Navy for sure. Here are some pictures of our Oscar last boots to give you an idea of the shape. Robert has a slightly square toe but no sizing difference between them.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I am thinking of brown suede. Light or dark is fine. The reason why i am thinking of Dainite sole is because it is really durable and this makes its a good pair of shoes for traveling. Rain or shine, no worries
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
What do you think?
I would go for a Tomir rubber sole, a little more dressy. But there's one drawback in using Carmina as travel shoes (at least if you're passing through security) and that's that they use metal shanks. Many English makers (EG, G&G etc) use wooden shanks.

Last edited:

Fiddler

Reaction score
But there's one drawback in using Carmina as travel shoes (at least if you're passing through security) and that's that they use metal shanks.

Does this mean they stop you and take you to a little room on the side?

aldenwear

Reaction score

Does this mean they stop you and take you to a little room on the side?

In countries where you remove your shoes before going through the detected it should mean nothing: you have to remove your shies whether the shank is metal, wood, or there is no shank. For security less tight than at an airport - such as courthouses - the metal shank sets off the sensor and you get stopped and examined by sensing wand. Belt buckles can did thus too. My aldens always - always- set off security sensors causing me to be wanded. I woukd love to gey cordovan dress shies without metal shanks to wear fir business and travelccausing me to be sanded.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would go for a Tomir rubber sole, a little more dressy. But there's one drawback in using Carmina as travel shoes (at least if you're passing through security) and that's that they use metal shanks. Many English makers (EG, G&G etc) use wooden shanks.

I have to disagree here: Carmina's have never triggered TSA screening here in the USA even in pre-check where I no longer have to take off my shoes.

My Alden's however always set off the alarm with their metal shank, which has now made me stop traveling with them.

That holds true for the U.S. YMMV in Europe and elsewhere.

LeatherFoot

Reaction score

Incoming Carmina Stock at LeatherFoot
-
Following are the models we are expecting to arrive mid-August.
To reserve your size, please email us at [email protected].
-
80092 - Ante Calf Marron - Robert Last
10027 - Ante Calf Loden - Rain Last, Crepe Sole
10027 - Ante Calf Marino - Rain Last
80246 - Ante Calf Noix - Rain Last
80246 - Grein Marron - Rain Last
910 - Cordovan Marino - Rain Last
80156 - Cordovan Marino - Rain Last
80156 - Cordovan Cognac - Rain Last
-

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt