• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but...has anyone here done an individual MTO directly with Carmina? Not sure if it is even done but, if so, I'm curious about the experience and effort. Any insight is appreciated.

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but...has anyone here done an individual MTO directly with Carmina? Not sure if it is even done but, if so, I'm curious about the experience and effort. Any insight is appreciated.

twice . . . . choose what you want & contact them directly. pretty smooth process.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, just come to the table with a good idea of what you want. attach photos youve found online and itll make the process smoother. beware the 40% upcharge over base cost for single mto

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would never do this. Carmina is a solid buy. But not ever ever worth the 40% charge for a single MTO.

I don't think any other brand charges that much. You can get better brands' MTO for the same price you'd be paying for Carminas MTO.

No group buy, no MTO. My POV.

Don't get me wrong though. I love Carmina. 3 MTOs and 4 pairs on my shelf.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would never do this. Carmina is a solid buy. But not ever ever worth the 40% charge for a single MTO.

I don't think any other brand charges that much. You can get better brands' MTO for the same price you'd be paying for Carminas MTO.

No group buy, no MTO. My POV.

Don't get me wrong though. I love Carmina. 3 MTOs and 4 pairs on my shelf.
I'd have to agree with this as well.

I also have a couple of pairs already, and I am currently waiting on two group MTO's to come in as well.

thecool85

Reaction score

Is the width of forest last as wide as rain? I might be interested in picking up a pair of forest last shoes soon.

Based on the carmina sizing thread, rain is supposed to be wider than forest, but in my experience that's not the case. My forest last shoes feel wider. Not by a lot mind you, and but definitely wider.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way, isnt it 50% upcharge for single MTO? thats what I was quoted at by Betty.

and rain is carmina's widest last, but forest has a higher instep, which might account for why some people think it's just as wide (it has more volume under the vamp, roomier)

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, isnt it 50% upcharge for single MTO? thats what I was quoted at by Betty.

and rain is carmina's widest last, but forest has a higher instep, which might account for why some people think it's just as wide (it has more volume under the vamp, roomier)
From Skoaks site:

Quote:
-Carmina Shoemaker 2-3 months, extra surcharge for MTO is +40% of base model
-Enzo Bonafé 2-3 months, extra surcharge for MTO is +15% of base model
-Edward Green 4-6 months, extra surcharge for MTO is 1750 SEK (1400 ex VAT)
-Gaziano & Girling 4-6 months, extra surcharge for MTO is 1200 SEK (960 ex VAT)

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh wow, it is 50% - thanks for clearing that up. Whats bizarre is how Epaulet, in some instances, is still more expensive

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
maybe because with epaulet you don't have to worry about customs, and shipping is free? (obviously epaulet does have to make a profit though)

otherwise I can't fathom why (assuming epaulet does get the shoes charged at normal prices and not at the inflated MTO prices because of bulk discounts)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads