• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually went with the same size but in Uetam EE (wider width). I felt that Cavendish was a bit tight towards the pinky toe. Do you think it’ll be too large?
How's the heel fit you? Uetam doesn't have a particular narrow heel, so going up a width will add room there as well. You'll probably be fine at toe area going to that width

Baked Potato

Reaction score
How's the heel fit you? Uetam doesn't have a particular narrow heel, so going up a width will add room there as well. You'll probably be fine at toe area going to that width
The heel is ok, could be a bit tighter. The issue is that my heels are much smaller in proportion to my front feet. If the front is too small, I won’t be able to wear them at all. After years of wearing too tight shoes I’ve developed bunions that hurt quite a lot if the toe (pinky toe to be specific) area is too tight.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The heel is ok, could be a bit tighter. The issue is that my heels are much smaller in proportion to my front feet. If the front is too small, I won’t be able to wear them at all. After years of wearing too tight shoes I’ve developed bunions that hurt quite a lot if the toe (pinky toe to be specific) area is too tight.
The heel is where I think you'll probably run into issues in all honesty

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with Jischwar, you’ll be fine with the width in the forefoot going up a width, you’ll have to see with the heel. They’ll fit very slightly smaller than C&J in my experience, but still TTS. I find my Uetam loafers incredibly comfortable, probably my most comfortable loafers.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
On the docket for cleanup tonight... ignore all signs of toddler detritus.

IMG_1378 (002).jpg

Baked Potato

Reaction score
The heel is where I think you'll probably run into issues in all honesty
I agree with Jischwar, you’ll be fine with the width in the forefoot going up a width, you’ll have to see with the heel. They’ll fit very slightly smaller than C&J in my experience, but still TTS. I find my Uetam loafers incredibly comfortable, probably my most comfortable loafers.

Thank you for the info guys.

I can tell you that I have a pair of 8.5 suede oxfords in Forest that feels a bit tight towards the pinky toe. I guess that going with the wider Uetam width might solve that. Don’t want to size up. I owned a pair of Uetams in 9 before that were a bit too long. Had to sell them.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed fit differences between storm and flat welted Carminas on the same last?

I have 2 pairs of shell boots on the soller last - one flat, one storm - the storm welted pair seem a little looser. I also have a suede pair of shoes on a flat welt that are snug (hard to compare b/c of the suede and shoe vs. boot).

I also have 2 pairs of shell shoes on the oscar last - one 9.5 pair on a flat welt, one 9 pair on a storm welt - while the 9.5 feels a little longer, the width and instep fit is nearly the same between these two pairs, which is unexpected.

Anyone else notice anything like this before? Is this real? Or is it more likely a coincidence and just pair-to-pair variation?

Hi @stook1
I am on the same boat as you. The storm welted boots feel looser when compared to the flat welted ones on same last and size.
I get the same perception from other shoemakers as well.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Those look amazing.
I have those bluchers on Natty shell, Oscar last, and I now need them on brown, ideally on Detroit.

Thank you, sir! I did, in fact, clean up that pair last night although I didn't take any pics yet.

Appreciate the feedback, re: welt sizing experience, etc. Incidentally, I like the natural ones too. Nearly bought a pair a few years ago and would like to add a pair at some point.

Aurrian

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering a pair of burgundy vegano chelsea boots when, hopefully, the custom weekend goes live later this month, but I'm not sure what colour elastic I'll choose. Would you guys recommend black or burgundy? Or perhaps something else? If anyone has pictures of these combinations, I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering a pair of burgundy vegano chelsea boots when, hopefully, the custom weekend goes live later this month, but I'm not sure what colour elastic I'll choose. Would you guys recommend black or burgundy? Or perhaps something else? If anyone has pictures of these combinations, I would be eternally grateful!

I went burgundy and suits it better than black. Just my opinion of course.

ErPupone4

Reaction score

I think burgundy, or perhaps even the brown elastic, will look better than black. I only have burgundy vegano on an adelaide and brown elastic on snuff suede chelsea boots. Burgundy would probably be the safest bet. I haven't seen the burgundy elastic in person though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads