• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, I agree. I'd also add that the fit on simpson is a lot better than expected. I was fitted in NY and recall feeling unsure about the last. Glad I took a chance on these...the fit seems like it will be perfect on this model.
Second this. Just tried the Simpson last and man, it fits very very good. I think that it might no become my favorite last.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Thanks, I agree. I'd also add that the fit on simpson is a lot better than expected. I was fitted in NY and recall feeling unsure about the last. Glad I took a chance on these...the fit seems like it will be perfect on this model.

Hi @stook1 , that pair of #2 adelaides looks terrific. Did you size up 1/2 size on Simpson from your regular Detroit size?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post WAYWRN - Carmina horse-bit loafers, PRL socks, BB trews . . .

IMG_4395.JPG

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi @stook1 , that pair of #2 adelaides looks terrific. Did you size up 1/2 size on Simpson from your regular Detroit size?

Hey Man, hope you are well. I did indeed size up from detroit, oscar, soller for simpson. These are a 9.5 whereas my typical Carmina size in the larger fitting lasts is a 9. They are a bit snug but I get full closure at the laces and there is plenty of space at the ball and midfoot for me. They look narrower than they are, I guess. I might get a hair of heel movement but I suspect that's because I haven't even flexed the shoe yet and they aren't broken in, obviously. Now to find an occasion to wear them since I'm working from home the foreseeable future.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Hey Man, hope you are well. I did indeed size up from detroit, oscar, soller for simpson. These are a 9.5 whereas my typical Carmina size in the larger fitting lasts is a 9. They are a bit snug but I get full closure at the laces and there is plenty of space at the ball and midfoot for me. They look narrower than they are, I guess. I might get a hair of heel movement but I suspect that's because I haven't even flexed the shoe yet and they aren't broken in, obviously. Now to find an occasion to wear them since I'm working from home the foreseeable future.

Hey my-man,
All is well on my end, I am assuming you are doing OK, buying those gorgeous shoes is a good indicator. :)

Probably is too early to say since you have not walked on them but once you do, please let me know about pressure points on the pinky area when compared to Oscar.

Cheers

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hey my-man,
All is well on my end, I am assuming you are doing OK, buying those gorgeous shoes is a good indicator. :)

Probably is too early to say since you have not walked on them but once you do, please let me know about pressure points on the pinky area when compared to Oscar.

Cheers

Sure, I will shoot you a note. I have 2 pairs on oscar and actually gambled on a 9.5 for my most recent pair - the #4 longwings that I got from the Carmina ebay page. I forgot that I upsized when I wrote my post above. I also get a little bit of pinky pressure on my TTS pair, which are PTBs. Oddly enough, the two sizes don't feel all that different and I am not too sure why. I once tried a 9.5 chukka on Oscar which felt WAY bigger and I had to return them.

hkoldguy

Reaction score
UPDATE: So this is the reply I got from carmina today

"
Thank you for your email. We would like to kindly remind you our outlet or sale shoes are single pairs that have not been sold in our stores for a couple or seasons in our stores and are sold in our sale/outlet section at lower prices. Therefore the quality of outlet shoes could be slightly lower that our main collection.
We do not have another pair in stock, but we can offer you a 10% discount for your next order for your trouble"

There was literally no information whatsoever that shoes sold on the summer sale were of a lesser quality.
I am shocked, I got butchered shoes and all they offer me is a 10% discount on a future purchase?

it seem this is their standard reply. My April custom MTO was delayed and in June I received email saying they are delayed and they will offer me one card holder and two customization waiver codes (i ordered two pairs but only one card holder) for next purchase. With some further delays and a pair requiring to be remake, I eventually got the two pairs in early July and mid-August respectively. However the promised card holder or fee waiver codes were missing.

when I sent an email to them with a screencap of what they voluntarily offered, I got the same reply as you did, ie a 10% discount code for next order (not to be use with other promotions). so this 10% offer is probably their standard reply to everyone. I couldn’t be bother to reply to their email after that as it’s just frustrating to communicate with them. Now I’m debating on the new styleforum gmto......

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,
Do you all take the same size in uetam loafers compared to Rain and Forest? Final sale so will be stuck with them if they don’t fit.

Thank you,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads