• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Satisfied my fix for a Navy blue boot, and had expected I'd get a more casual boot in that color. But when I saw these Horween shell navy balmorals in Forest last, with double JR soles, I was sold. I'll get some decent pictures in the coming days, as Navy shell is superb, but my photography, isn't.?
that said, a couple quick snaps in slightly different lighting. Thanks again to George Red for his inspiration for these.
Oh, and a quick kudos to Carmina NYC; these were returns they had on ebay, and are the best new boots I've ever purchased for $450, thats for sure! ?

View attachment 1420670 View attachment 1420671 View attachment 1420672 View attachment 1420673 View attachment 1420674
Wear them in good health, bro!

Phoenician

Reaction score
Quick question regarding shell. There seems to be buzz with Alden boot fans about their ‘rare shell’. When I go to Carmina’s MTO site, you can order their boots and shoes in a wide range of Horween shell colors. Is the Alden ‘rare’ moniker only because Alden won’t often venture outside #8 and black often, or does Alden get access to colors that no one else does, and thus truly ‘rare’?

lcdx22

Reaction score
Quick question regarding shell. There seems to be buzz with Alden boot fans about their ‘rare shell’. When I go to Carmina’s MTO site, you can order their boots and shoes in a wide range of Horween shell colors. Is the Alden ‘rare’ moniker only because Alden won’t often venture outside #8 and black often, or does Alden get access to colors that no one else does, and thus truly ‘rare’?

Yes and yes. There are colors that Alden doesnt use regularly but are available with other shoe makers including Carmina and there are exclusive colors like Ravello for example that only Alden uses. There are also colors that are rare in general even for Carmina like color 4.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Yes and yes. There are colors that Alden doesnt use regularly but are available with other shoe makers including Carmina and there are exclusive colors like Ravello for example that only Alden uses. There are also colors that are rare in general even for Carmina like color 4.

interesting! Thanks very much

DL120

Reaction score
interesting! Thanks very much
A quick addition here, alden does runs of cigar, ravello, whiskey and so on regularly. They’re almost shipping them on a monthly or 2-3x a month. The difference is, alden only sells color 8 and black to everyone, the other shades of shell are only sold to certain retailers who then only sell them to certain customers, namely the ones who have spent a lot of money with them or have sat on a wait list for months. I’ve had both opportunities and have been bought, owned and turned down all of the above.

so it’s not so much rare, as it is made exclusive and limited opportunities to buy unless you have the right connections for alden. That said,IMHO, carmina far exceeds anything you can get from alden, and you can buy it whenever you want.

DL120

Reaction score
BDB0CA8A-5F0D-4A3F-8F9D-834BA4FEFBD9.jpeg

unlined Sineu lasted chukka in bourbon grain shell and natural shell rear quarters. Absolute heaven on your feet, especially in 90*+ weather.
28EA2776-6821-453A-A58D-C04E979DD830.jpeg
682165B4-8723-4EB7-85C9-D171E818B821.jpeg
924F0717-CBC2-4F6F-8392-57D3787D26A7.jpeg

Obviously this last pic wasn’t exactly timed perfectly ?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick addition here, alden does runs of cigar, ravello, whiskey and so on regularly. They’re almost shipping them on a monthly or 2-3x a month. The difference is, alden only sells color 8 and black to everyone, the other shades of shell are only sold to certain retailers who then only sell them to certain customers, namely the ones who have spent a lot of money with them or have sat on a wait list for months. I’ve had both opportunities and have been bought, owned and turned down all of the above.

so it’s not so much rare, as it is made exclusive and limited opportunities to buy unless you have the right connections for alden. That said,IMHO, carmina far exceeds anything you can get from alden, and you can buy it whenever you want.

Yeah. Reason number 5,358 why Alden ******* blows. I love how they act like they're ******* Rolex or Patek, siphoning off "rare" (READ: bourbon shell that literally everyone else offers stock) to people that chug that mediocre cool aid. It's hilarious.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Buying Alden is like shopping for a nice car and then buying a ******* FIAT.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hahaha nah, I want to see how does the Rain last with storm welt looks vs the Detroit last haha

It's very rare to find rain with storm welt. I have a few pictures saved. These are not mine...

edit: heh, this is what happens when you read the thread backwards. didn't realize someone had pics of, coincidentally, almost the same exact boot. lol

rainstormwelt2.jpg

rainstormwelt9.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads