• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do Carmina typically ship their US orders from Spain? I ordered both of my pairs from the outlet section and they're both coming from Palma de Mallorca.

The factory is in Spain, so yes, I've usually seen them shipped directly from them. I know I had at least one pair shipped from NY, though, which I think was because I had spoken to a rep there about the order.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. How about using the deerbone, or spoon? Is that part of your routine?

I have and use the deer bone, it works very well I have removed some nicks, scratches, dents that I originally thought would never be unnoticable.

surrender

Reaction score
The factory is in Spain, so yes, I've usually seen them shipped directly from them. I know I had at least one pair shipped from NY, though, which I think was because I had spoken to a rep there about the order.
Thanks! My only previous Carmina purchase was from their Madrid store, so I didn’t know what to expect by ordering online.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do Carmina typically ship their US orders from Spain? I ordered both of my pairs from the outlet section and they're both coming from Palma de Mallorca.

If the pairs are in Spain, they'll ship from there to the US. If they're in the NYC store, they'll ship from there. Stock is different between the US line and rest of the world.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys -

In NYC currently and finally got a chance to stop in at Carmina last night. I wanted to try on some Inca lasts (I really like the cordovan dbl monks in the last).

So - I have a pretty wide foot with a very tall arch. I dont' know whats going on with the last but the shoe fit well in the toe and the arch and bridge at UK 11, but was very loose in the heel,

At 10.5 it fit perfectly in the bridge, arch, and toebox, but was still a tiny bit loose in the heel.

I wear 11 in almost every C+J last for example. Was wondering what people thought about Inca and if anyone has had this experience?

Does anyone have experience w/ the cordovan ones? In theory Cordovan should stretch less, but am a little worried if I get the 10.5 and the heel loosens anymore they might be problematic.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks,

bennanza

Reaction score
Hey guys -

In NYC currently and finally got a chance to stop in at Carmina last night. I wanted to try on some Inca lasts (I really like the cordovan dbl monks in the last).

So - I have a pretty wide foot with a very tall arch. I dont' know whats going on with the last but the shoe fit well in the toe and the arch and bridge at UK 11, but was very loose in the heel,

At 10.5 it fit perfectly in the bridge, arch, and toebox, but was still a tiny bit loose in the heel.

I wear 11 in almost every C+J last for example. Was wondering what people thought about Inca and if anyone has had this experience?

Does anyone have experience w/ the cordovan ones? In theory Cordovan should stretch less, but am a little worried if I get the 10.5 and the heel loosens anymore they might be problematic.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks,
I have been wearing my dbl monks in shell on rain last A LOT and they don't really feel like they have stretched at all (all subjectively, of course). There is a huge difference to calf leather; all calf shoes stretched a little and after being snug for two weeks maybe, they broke in and felt different, more relaxed. This didn't really happen with shell shoes. I would not buy them too tight. However, too large and slipping occurs easier than with calf as well. Shell shoes must fit from the beginning - ideally you hear that sound of compressed air exiting the shoes when putting them on.

DL120

Reaction score
GMTO offering run by myself (DESHELLVEDGE

Specs:
BBE93852-E5CF-43D1-BA1F-10C5C930B3FA.jpeg FED73F01-004B-4904-ADC8-65E95BC6E540.jpeg
-NST shoe

-Saddle Shell Cordovan

-Rain last

-Double JR sole

-270 storm welt

-mid brown edge

-Exposed vintage brass eyelets

-brown round dress laces

Once the group is full (half way of commits now) $200 deposit, remaining payment of $590 + shipping is due prior to delivery. If you want to join, comment and message me. Estimated 3-4 months production time from when the group is filled and paid with deposits.

PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY IF INTERESTED.
-

Rain last image

Photo from @serbarristan of nst model on the rain last.

This is bourbon shell, the gmto is in saddle shell.

NST shoe shown in natural shell on forest

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was debating the ruby shell. But honestly can't think of how I would wear it. Just too bright.

The Rubi shell just showed up, here are a few pics fresh out of the box. I will get some in the sun shots tomorrow assuming the sun is out.

BTW @masernaut as I suspected the Rubi shell is not going to be hard to wear, it is not fire engine red more just a lighter version of #8. Not sure how the pics will show it but like #8 is really dark brown with red undertone this is just a lighter brown with the red undertone.

IMG_20191203_191000.jpg
IMG_20191203_191033.jpg

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Rubi shell is quite versatile (for a bold color) actually. I treat it as "bolder & more vibrant brown", rather than red. Even though in direct sunlight, some of them can be pretty vibrant.

I wear them with various outfits. Here are some of them (as well as one in my profile pic).

L1003996.jpg

DSC_6103.jpg

I'm thinking of doing another pair of Rubi pretty soon :)

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Rubi shell just showed up, here are a few pics fresh out of the box. I will get some in the sun shots tomorrow assuming the sun is out.

BTW @masernaut as I suspected the Rubi shell is not going to be hard to wear, it is not fire engine red more just a lighter version of #8. Not sure how the pics will show it but like #8 is really dark brown with red undertone this is just a lighter brown with the red undertone.

View attachment 1292388 View attachment 1292389

Looks nice! I have no regrets not getting it, though. Enjoy them! :)

serbarristan

Reaction score
What’s people’s experience with how the sineu fits? Specifically, in comparison to the rain last. Any insight much appreciated.
The Rain fits my foot perfectly except it’s too generous in the instep. The Sineu in the same size (as a chukka though) fits really well, a bit less instep than Rain and more rounded toe. I’m a fan of Sineu and am thinking about a custom oxford on it down the road.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Rain fits my foot perfectly except it’s too generous in the instep. The Sineu in the same size (as a chukka though) fits really well, a bit less instep than Rain and more rounded toe. I’m a fan of Sineu and am thinking about a custom oxford on it down the road.
Many thanks for the response. Is the instep on the sineu noticeably less than on the rain. Also, can you comment on the big toe area? The rain last is the only last that accommodates my big toes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads