• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 1275191
My amarettos arrived and they are gorgeous! So happy with them. I may have been able to go half size smaller but it's no sweat to add a heel pad (stupid narrow heels).

This make is marvellous. Model 80709 without the vamp detailing. Great inspiration for our upcoming collections :D

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of people here have pretty big collections of shoes already and aren't super concerned with practicality or versatility.

There is an aspect of taste that needs to be considered, regardless of depth of collection. Ugly shoes are ugly, regardless of how many pair you own.

Just because you can MTO it, doesnt mean you should. Just because there are dozens of how tos for tie knots out there doesnt mean you need anything more than a four in hand.

Lest my bona fides be in doubt - I was wearing 10082 brown suede Simpson loafers at Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom yesterday. There is something to be said for versatility - buy stuff you can wear. This is pair 2 of 10082 in brown, I had the first pair resoled last summer, and now this pair is pretty much due. I think this pair has been to 4 continents.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is an aspect of taste that needs to be considered, regardless of depth of collection. Ugly shoes are ugly, regardless of how many pair you own.

Just because you can MTO it, doesnt mean you should. Just because there are dozens of how tos for tie knots out there doesnt mean you need anything more than a four in hand.

Lest my bona fides be in doubt - I was wearing 10082 brown suede Simpson loafers at Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom yesterday. There is something to be said for versatility - buy stuff you can wear. This is pair 2 of 10082 in brown, I had the first pair resoled last summer, and now this pair is pretty much due. I think this pair has been to 4 continents.

lol....the internet is awesome.

Last edited:

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simpson is such a beautiful last! Very nice shoes.
In my opinion "staple" shoes are nice and almost a must, yes, but you gotta have some "funshoes"

Don't underestimate the joy of flexibility. I have worn my 10082 suede loafers with grey flannels + coat + tie to jeans to Angkor Wat yesterday at in cotton trousers. I am in woven loafers now in shorts and a linen shirt - have worn these same loafers with a olive cotton suit.

oskrusa

Reaction score
These dark, dark brown Adelaides are eminently sensible for a suit heavy wardrobe.

This statement might hold true in some parts of the world, but I have the impression that is rapidly diminishing.

I work in NYC financial district and I see people rocking dark color oxfords with chinos, nice jeans or suits almost every day of the week.

Likewise, the opposite is also true. I had a meeting with a C level person from a large financial institution at the beginning of September and the guy was rocking a Banana Republic suit and wearing black Nike sneakers. My initial impulse was to walk out of the room.

Nowadays, 99.99% of the population does not give a crap on what you have on your feet.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ooops....fixed it.
just my amusement at how the internet gives us all a voice, and highlights how our feeling that our view of, “what is” is a universal human failing.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This statement might hold true in some parts of the world, but I have the impression that is rapidly diminishing.

I work in NYC financial district and I see people rocking dark color oxfords with chinos, nice jeans or suits almost every day of the week.

Likewise, the opposite is also true. I had a meeting with a C level person from a large financial institution at the beginning of September and the guy was rocking a Banana Republic suit and wearing black Nike sneakers. My initial impulse was to walk out of the room.

Nowadays, 99.99% of the population does not give a crap on what you have on your feet.
Sadly, the last part is so true.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I just received my shipping notification for my Kirby pair. I have to figure I am the last one from that mto sale since I'd pontificated about the makeu up for an excessively long time.

In other news, I finally picked up a pair of c&j shell pembrokes (marlows) last night. They've been on my want list for quite some time.

Things are looking up this week. Now to figure out what to get for my color 4 order.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my shipping notification for my Kirby pair. I have to figure I am the last one from that mto sale since I'd pontificated about the makeu up for an excessively long time.

In other news, I finally picked up a pair of c&j shell pembrokes (marlows) last night. They've been on my want list for quite some time.

Things are looking up this week. Now to figure out what to get for my color 4 order.

Well, I haven't had a shipment notice yet, so I don't think you're last.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm normally pretty patient but I sold a couple of pairs of rubber soled shoes and we've already had something like 3 snow storms this year...I need my new boots purely for practical reasons!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads