• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WilYa

Reaction score
Results of my first ever patina adventure
IMG_20180705_091748.jpg IMG_20180705_091847.jpg IMG_20180705_091949.jpg IMG_20180705_092056.jpg
So this was a burgundy calf chukka on simpson last. Since I already have too many burgundy shoes including a color8 shell chukka from Enzo Bonafe, I thought I could use it in my first patina/dye experiment. Basically I am okay with anything as long as it is not too loud.
I stripped the leather with Saphir Renomat first and then acetone, reno didn’t work at all and acetone was only able to remove part of it. At that point I knew I would get something very dark upon applying a saphir navy dye, it was okay since I don’t particularly fancy a purple look. I then applied multiple layer of Bick4 to condition the leather, it was a solid dark navy-brown-purple all over until I applied Saphir pate-de-luxe neutral wax that I found the excessive wax could actually remove parts of the dye and reveal the burgundy undertone. This was not what I expected but it looked quite similar to the museum effect. Rather than recolouring the burgundy spots, I then followed this reverse-patina process by applying more wax very carefully to create more museum effect.
The end result is not what I expected but it is what I could wear very happily.

oskrusa

Reaction score

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys — I just received notification from Carmina about restocking on the outlet and on the Summer Sale section.

They added a nice pair of Jumper boots on the Oscar last to the Summer sale on chestnut antique grain calf:
https://www.carminashoemaker.us/eco....cfm?id=1700&categoryId=471&1-080184-922-0062

Code SUMMER-SALE brings that pair down to $431

Dammit - too close to an existing pair. I think their tall derby boots on the Oscar last are some of the nicest out there.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newest Carmina addition.

Only a few pending issues, does the shoe fit, does she like them.

We will see when she gets home, she wanted heels, I went for the rubber sole and suede/glove leather combo. Figured if it's your first what I call real shoe she may not be use to what real leather is like. So my thinking was glove leather and suede should be a good intro to a better shoe then she has, and rubber sole since there are no galoshes for heels. She could get caught in rain easy, and I know she does not want to be hassled with a shoe that she cannot wear when it's wet out or is destroyed while getting to the train in the rain. Trying to get her into better shoes so attempting to make the first impression go well. As for size I made a real guess, measured her foot and I come up with size 7, but all her shoes are either 7.5 or 8, Carmina says -1.5, several of you guys said -2, I hear the woman's shoes are on the narrow side, so I ordered a UK8, the wild card is what is her size 7.5 or 8. Funny thing is we are in NYC but always on a Sunday when the store closed.

IMG_20180705_142815.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Newest Carmina addition.

We will see when she gets home, she wanted heels, I went for the rubber sole and suede/glove leather combo. Figured if it's your first what I call real shoe she may not be use to what real leather is like. So my thinking was glove leather and suede should be a good intro to a better shoe then she has, and rubber sole since there are no galoshes for heels. She could get caught in rain easy, and I know she does not want to be hassled with a shoe that she cannot wear when it's wet out or is destroyed while getting to the train in the rain. Trying to get her into better shoes so attempting to make the first impression go well. As for size I made a real guess, measured her foot and I come up with size 7, but all her shoes are either 7.5 or 8, Carmina says -1.5, several of you guys said -2, I hear the woman's shoes are on the narrow side, so I ordered a UK8, the wild card is what is her size 7.5 or 8. Funny thing is we are in NYC but always on a Sunday when the store closed.

View attachment 1000311
Those are cool! Hope they work out for her.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newest Carmina addition.

View attachment 1000311

So update.

They fit. That said I think the -2 is the way to go since the last is very narrow. Like I had said when I use a brannock she measures US7 but most of her actual shoes are 7.5 - 8. Carmina suggest -1.5 but due to the narrow last -2 is the better option.

She thinks they look a bit like men's shoes but does like them... 4 inch heel looking like mens shoes that's a new one for me.

Guys lots of ladies shoes in the outlet why not give them a try. They say a couple that polishes together stays together...

Fab75

Reaction score
BFDD4FF6-63BE-4636-9FD6-0A050401CEC1.jpeg
BC75E166-FFCA-4003-B56E-02446D495B62.jpeg
28313E59-DDA5-4E11-A8A9-58DC95AA47E2.jpeg
Hi
Got an issue with my Carmina MTO
Wrote to the customer service and will see how they react
Will let you know
Cheers

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fab75

Reaction score
Hi Fab,
I really don’t see an issue here. It’s just a welt joint and looks a lot better than some I’ve seen. Phenomenal looking shoe.
On the other shoe there is no joint, here you can see it easily and for the price this is something I cannot accept
Cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads