• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any exp buying Carmina for their wife as in the sizing. She is a US 7 so I figured one down just like men's but that does not seem to match some online sites or Carmina. Carmina says woman's US 7 I should order woman's UK 4.5 that seems kinda to small I think.

Anyone can help?

I would drop 2 from US women’s size (so UK 5 in this case). However, that assumes that the women’s size is dialed in. If that’s based on running shoes or something all bets are off.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any exp buying Carmina for their wife as in the sizing. She is a US 7 so I figured one down just like men's but that does not seem to match some online sites or Carmina. Carmina says woman's US 7 I should order woman's UK 4.5 that seems kinda to small I think.

Anyone can help?

My wife is a 9.5US and I ordered her 6.5 in some ridding boots from carmina. They fit, but I was very skeptical when I placed the order.

Mykii

Reaction score
No idea about US women sizing but I got some exp. My GF is UK6 in many makers (Trickers, GG, Cheaney, Clarks). We followed the Carmina chart which tells us UK6 is Carmina Women 5.5 and then ordered a 5.5 jumper boots which turned out to be too small (6 would be fine) and we had to return it. I also find some Carmina women lasts are quite narrow so I would say the sizing is similar to UK womens sizing.

Pretty much my wife's experience at the boutique in NYC

Decreased

Reaction score
My trick for my wife is convert to EU sizing first and then convert for each brand. She never lets me buy them though.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea about US women sizing but I got some exp. My GF is UK6 in many makers (Trickers, GG, Cheaney, Clarks). We followed the Carmina chart which tells us UK6 is Carmina Women 5.5 and then ordered a 5.5 jumper boots which turned out to be too small (6 would be fine) and we had to return it. I also find some Carmina women lasts are quite narrow so I would say the sizing is similar to UK womens sizing.

I would drop 2 from US women’s size (so UK 5 in this case). However, that assumes that the women’s size is dialed in. If that’s based on running shoes or something all bets are off.

My wife is a 9.5US and I ordered her 6.5 in some ridding boots from carmina. They fit, but I was very skeptical when I placed the order.

Pretty much my wife's experience at the boutique in NYC

Sounds like -2 is the starting point so UK5, thanks all.

letsgofire

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Soft & Hard goodyear line?

tumblr_p8rawok4Ol1tl7v0do1_1280.jpg

nibbling_totoros

Reaction score
If a 6.5UK suede soller boot fits perfectly, do you guys think a 6.5UK oscar will also work? I am finding conflicting information regarding the width of the soller vs oscar last. Is the Oscar slightly wider than the Soller?

With a 6.5UK soller, I have no extra room, it fits like a glove.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must be seeing things....

Both the GMTO Natty shell Frankenstitch from 2 months ago and the blue shell PTB are back on the GMTO for 12 more days?

I ordered both, still haven't received either but what gives?

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If a 6.5UK suede soller boot fits perfectly, do you guys think a 6.5UK oscar will also work? I am finding conflicting information regarding the width of the soller vs oscar last. Is the Oscar slightly wider than the Soller?

With a 6.5UK soller, I have no extra room, it fits like a glove.
Everything I've heard is that the Oscar is slightly wider in the toe box. Other than that, it should fit close to the Soller. I would stick with 6.5 UK.

dennistsang

Reaction score
Hi. I am wearing UK6.5 in UETAM last, but it is a bit tight for me in the toe box. Will the SIMPSON last a better choice for me?

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another sizing question for you guys. The uetam 6.5 loafer fits me good in the heel with no slippage but is very tight in the ball of my foot. I can manage this with suede as it loosens up and is softer, but calf is even tighter especially at first. The size 7 is simply too big and slips too much on my heel. How does the forest last compare in a loafer fit? Wondering if I should give it a try, but the return process is always long and difficult so I hate to screw up the sizing.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For you guys in the US, don't you feel like you're being ripped off with Carmina's US pricing? I mean the discrepancy between the US site prices vs the price for non-US is pretty significant when you take out the VAT they charge for EU orders.

For example, the string loafers are 345 euro ($404 usd) including VAT for EU and 285 euro ($334 usd) excluding VAT for the rest of the world....except the US where they will charge you $450 usd. That's ridiculous if you ask me.

I really don't understand their pricing models.

gianm

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post. I would like some sizing advice. I'm interested in getting my first pair of Carmina's. I'm specifically looking at some loafers on the Uetam last. I'm a size 8.5D on Brannock, 7.5UK on Meermin's Hiro, and an 8E on Allen Edmond's 65 last. I'd say I have medium arches and a mid-high instep (had to go up a width in the AE 65 because of this).

Would a 7UK or 7.5UK fit better? I'd prefer limited heel slip for the loafer. If anyone could suggest sizing for the Inca last too, that would be much appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads