• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those woth the antique edge, the natural not so much. Interested to know what the cost would be. I'd love to do this boot in Armagnac Shell.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been looking forward to wearing these again.
3605E8DE-6E8F-4A0A-AC1C-7D4847E540E7.jpeg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wasn't 'into' shoes when they were done. So I'm sad I never got the opportunity to nab them.

Thanks for your interest, I'll see if anyone else responds in the next 24h-48hrs and email the Carmina rep back. If anyone has any changes or suggestions, also feel free to start discussion.

EDIT: For instance, the original mock-up was on a natural storm-welt. All pics have since disappeared of this mockup, except one low-res version from 2-3yrs ago I found archived by google that sort-of illustrates what difference this would make aesthetically. Personally, I think the antique-edging works well with green, but I'm going to drop this here anyway.

View attachment 975131

That's a great looking boot.

Mykii

Reaction score
I like those woth the antique edge, the natural not so much. Interested to know what the cost would be. I'd love to do this boot in Armagnac Shell.

I'm guessing it would probably be around $1k, since MTO cordovan boots with all the bells and whistles are normally $1300~ for one-off constructs.

FONlx

Reaction score
I guess this question might been asked a few times already, but can anyone advise on how Inca last compares to uetam in sizing?

I'm a 7.5 uk Inca, 7uk if they are suede, should I size up? I have some 7.5uk suede Rain last

Shoes will be model 80287, as bellow ( lovely pic from Unipair), also in suede.

Thank you for your help!

Uetam last.jpeg

Mykii

Reaction score
Really cool boots & loafers.

I'm officially bowing out of the blue cordovan PTB MTO. I woke up to find green cordovan in my size in the outlet, so that's that.

I'll wait over the weekend to see if anyone has any further interest in the MTO olive boots, as well.

Happy Friday everyone.

Rolanberry

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I wouldn't worry too much. I spoke to the boutique in NYC, and they said there are circumstances where they will take orders after the MTO finishes (basically, if the boutique is ordering-in a boot for you to determine size at no-cost, and you're waiting on that). So there could well be orders added after the MTO finishes, so in a way they take orders semi-rolling.

Would anyone be interested in a re-run of the olive green shell (Carmina custom) WTB that was done for the reddit GYW community a few years back? I reached out to Carmina and they said they would take suggestions for MTOs for assessment by the factory, and if there is a larger pool interested this would presumably also increase the odds of it being done.

Source: https://imgur.com/r/goodyearwelt/3sOUF
View attachment 975123
I have a pair of these, but with Natural Storm Welt, from the GYW GMTO last year. Olive is my favorite color. I know you were specifically inquiring about interest for the wingtip, but I'd be interested if it was a plain toe or cap toe like this:

Boot or derby/blucher would be okay with me.

I bought a side of Olive Waxed Flesh from Horween recently, will have White's boots make a pair or two out of it someday.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK the in stock loafers finally showed up.

Ordered on 4/25 delivered on 5/15, 3 weeks for an in stock item there is room for improvement here. Imagine I'm luckily 1 day shipping from NYC if I was in CA it would have taken an additional 4 days to have shown up.

Anyways these were ordered to be house shoes. I am hoping that these Carmina house shoes last longer then past Allen Edmonds. Really I use to be very much into AE but I had several shoes fail, so I started looking elsewhere and landed on Carmina. I wear house shoes a few hours a day, just indoors, and not everyday. So they get limited use I would say the equivalent of 1 full day a week of wear. In the past I have had Allen Edmonds last average 6 months and then they have to be trashed due to falling apart. I have had AE house shoes last as little as 3 months. Again only wearing on hardwood, carpet, and tile indoors so should last a long time. In fact I would say the average Wal Mart slipper outlast the AE of late. Before someone asks why I wear house shoes it's because if I don't after a few weeks I start to get pain in both my feet that last the whole day. So the support of a shoe as opposed to bare feet helps and eliminates the pain.

My goal is a good shoe with support, rubber sole for the house, that last a reasonable amount of time given the cost. That's why even though the Wal Mart shoes seem to last as long or even longer then the AE's they don't have good support.

Initially I can say the Carmina loafers are way more supportive and comfortable then anything in the past. The overall construction thought not Goodyear welted (seems to be Blake) is top notch. Only time will tell how they stack up for house shoes against AE but my initial thought is they will last longer. At least I am reasonably sure they will not be busted out at the seams like the previous AE's.

View attachment 975063

As you can see with very little wear this pair of AE shoes I bought for house shoes literally fell apart at the seams. Do note this is the 4th pair of various AE's that were purchased for house shoes that fell apart from various seams (and not with the same point of failure).
View attachment 975064

As you can see there is no real wear, the shoes are used mainly on the floor in the background of the pic. There is no reason for shoes worn indoors for limited use should fall apart in just several months.
View attachment 975066

Do note that this in not a AE bashing post as they do make some good shoes, at least in the past. Most of the shoes that I had fail were not made in Wisconsin, but a few that the heels fell off of were. I think even AE fans that also own Carmina have to agree the overall quality of Carmina vs AE is better. Yes before someone points it out true AE especially on sale is much cheeper in cost vs Carmina. I really am not interested in the initial cost I am interested in quality that last over time. This pair of Carmina's cost me 2 times what I paid for any of the AE shoes I purchased for house shoes. If it last just 1 year I am at the very least equal, if it last longer I am ahead of the game. But I do know this, starting day one this Carmina is more comfortable, so that alone if it only last a year is worth the difference.
007, those look like a great house shoe. Can you post a photo of the sole, and the model name?

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
007, those look like a great house shoe. Can you post a photo of the sole, and the model name?

There is not much info on the site
"MEN'S LOAFERS 80557 BLAKE"
I got them from the outlet https://www.carminashoemaker.us/men-outlet-shoes/mens-loafers-80557-navy $175 and they are ultra comfortable. The sole is very soft great for house shoe but I bet outside on rough surfaces it would not last long. Time will tell how they hold up but I have been wearing them since they showed up and I really like them they are as comfortable as any slipper but these have good support.

IMG_20180519_202531.jpg

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is not much info on the site
"MEN'S LOAFERS 80557 BLAKE"
I got them from the outlet https://www.carminashoemaker.us/men-outlet-shoes/mens-loafers-80557-navy $175 and they are ultra comfortable. The sole is very soft great for house shoe but I bet outside on rough surfaces it would not last long. Time will tell how they hold up but I have been wearing them since they showed up and I really like them they are as comfortable as any slipper but these have good support.

View attachment 976929
Thanks for the link. I had looked for them but didn't see them. 1/2 off is a deal! They looks comfy, enjoy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads