• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, the belts fit but aren’t “right” (whatever that means), the packaging surrounding the nice boxing wasn’t to your liking, and you don’t like paying return shipping?

Having dealt with Carmina, and reading your post, I have a sneaking assumption the individual handling CS for Carmina isn’t the POS.

Kick rocks, Bernie :facepalm:

Genesis9719

Reaction score
So, the belts fit but aren’t “right” (whatever that means), the packaging surrounding the nice boxing wasn’t to your liking, and you don’t like paying return shipping?

Having dealt with Carmina, and reading your post, I have a sneaking assumption the individual handling CS for Carmina isn’t the POS.

Kick rocks, Bernie :facepalm:
interesting you say that.. I find it interesting that he can afford 10 pairs of cordovan Allen Edmonds, but gripes at having to pay 35 bucks for return shipping due to the belts not being "to his liking". Even more interesting is that he didn't include pictures of the packaging or fitting to back up his claim, or to even help explain what he meant by the fitting not being "not right".

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess is that he told them about the belts he wore right now and then got a size recommendation that was incorrect.

Carmina belts are one size larger than equivalent length Allen Edmonds belts for example (I wear 34 AE and 36 Carmina and got great advice from Carmina). If they truly made a recommendation based on proper info I can understand why he’s annoyed but it does read a bit like a rant...

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess is that he told them about the belts he wore right now and then got a size recommendation that was incorrect.

Carmina belts are one size larger than equivalent length Allen Edmonds belts for example (I wear 34 AE and 36 Carmina and got great advice from Carmina). If they truly made a recommendation based on proper info I can understand why he’s annoyed but it does read a bit like a rant...
So if you 36 inch waist you should get 38 inch belt from carmina correct or it will be longer?

papa kot

Reaction score
Make no mistake, Carmina is a luxury brand selling luxury products of good quality. The service I've received from Carmina associates was second to none. And yes, they spoke English.

When dealing with smaller companies that are still trying to establish significant worldwide presence, you have to be patient and realize that some things may not go as planned. There will be communication issues, odd comparisons to other makers in attempts to get sizing right, and other minuscule matters. One can deal with such nuances by applying a liberal amount of tact and patience. Carry on~

papa kot

Reaction score
Now back to shoes. Do those of you who have cordovan shoes/boots on Inca or Soller last go up in width to get a better fit?

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Carmina will offer cordovan for the wholecut chelsea in their customizing section again? currently you cannot select it - same thing for other types of boots as well.

I just put one in my cart why can't you?

On thing I noticed odd maybe someone know it offered me Rain, Rain D, Rain M, and Rain EEE. But under the last section and for most shoes they show E, EE, EEE. EE being normal example US D, EEE being wide, and E being narrow. So what are the conversions for the Rain last under the custom section is Rain or Rain M the medium?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rain EE is standard. D is narrow, EEE is wide

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rain EE is standard. D is narrow, EEE is wide

Thanks and I got that what I did not understand is only in the Custom order they show Rain, Rain D, Rain M, and Rain EEE so how does that compare to EE is standard. D is narrow, EEE is wide. So we can assume that EEE = EEE wide, but what is = to EE is it Rain, Rain M, then I guess Rain D = Med but wait I thought EE was Med. The issue is when you do the custom order it shows you Rain, Rain D, Rain M, and Rain EEE not Rain EE is standard. D is narrow, EEE is wide. So I am trying to understand what those widths are to make matters more confusing I agree that D is narrow but if you look at the sizing chart it says that E is narrow not D.

For example go to custom pick the 80514 boot and you will see all these Rain widths Rain, Rain D, Rain M, and Rain EEE I can really only with 100% certainty say that Rain EEE is = to Rain EEE wide I can not for sure say what they others = to.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah I see. I would email them for clarification. It does seem confusing.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if you 36 inch waist you should get 38 inch belt from carmina correct or it will be longer?

No. I wear size 32 pants and belts from AE and Magnanni in 34. For me a size 36 belt from Carmina is the same total length as a 34 belt from the other brands.

dresstokill

Reaction score
I just put one in my cart why can't you?

On thing I noticed odd maybe someone know it offered me Rain, Rain D, Rain M, and Rain EEE. But under the last section and for most shoes they show E, EE, EEE. EE being normal example US D, EEE being wide, and E being narrow. So what are the conversions for the Rain last under the custom section is Rain or Rain M the medium?

This is what I see - no Cordovan option. Strange... upload_2017-11-19_18-43-34.png

upload_2017-11-19_18-43-34.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads