• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can anyone tell me whether these BB shoes are cordovan or calf, and help me ID them? (pics)

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I'm an admitted shoe n00b, but I'm trying to find out whether these are shell or just calfskin. Also, is there any way to tell who the maker is? Peale & Co. says as much on all of their shoes, right? I tried googling the string of numbers stamped on the inside, but to no avail. Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like calf to me.

(Notice how the creases are setting up as a series of tiny wrinkles. This is normal for calf. Shell tends to form larger 'rolls'.)

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like calf. Interesting heel pattern, don't think they are either C&J or AS. What other makers did Peale use?

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peal & Co?

It's a classic corrected grain loafer, made in usa or imported

Last edited:

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that is why the OP was asking who the maker was.
BTW, are they marked as Peal or just BB? And what is the country of origin?

Yep, exactly. I actually remember seeing that post MattR, which is part of the reason I asked if anyone could identify the actual maker.

Re: origin - I don't see anything, which is why it's such a mystery to me. It's possible that the country info was stamped in the inside along with the other info I showed in the picture, but nothing else seems to be that worn off, so I doubt it. It says nothing about Peale & Co. at all, just the "Brooks Brothers, Established 1818" on the inside and outside heels. They seem relatively old, and probably were made pre-Peale & Co. acquisition (2008).

Also, MattR - my best fitting jacket that I use for measurement purposes is en route from the cleaners, and I'll give you a thumbs up or thumbs down on the measurements then :-D

Last edited:

MattR

Reaction score

I believe that is why the OP was asking who the maker was.
BTW, are they marked as Peal or just BB? And what is the country of origin?

Yep, exactly.  I actually remember seeing that post MattR, which is part of the reason I asked if anyone could identify the actual maker.  

Re: origin - I don't see anything, which is why it's such a mystery to me.  It's possible that the country info was stamped in the inside along with the other info I showed in the picture, but nothing else seems to be that worn off, so I doubt it.  It says nothing about Peale & Co. at all, just the "Brooks Brothers, Established 1818" on the inside and outside heels.  They seem relatively old, and probably were made pre-Peale & Co. acquisition (2008). 

Also, MattR - my best fitting jacket that I use for measurement purposes is en route from the cleaners, and I'll give you a thumbs up or thumbs down on the measurements then :-D

Ah, got it. I think I just misunderstood when you said about Peal & Co "say[ing] as much" on their shoes.

Haha, sounds good - I'll still send some pics tomorrow!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they are just the regular Books line, not Peals, in corrected grain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads