• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sofaking30

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rikkar501
i treated my boots to Sno Seal per Crane's tutorial in his thread, and I've gotta say I love the way they turned out. It definitely darkened the leather but I think it looks much better. Not at all a muddy color as another guy said, but a deep chocolate brown.

What about obneauf? Best place to buy Sno Seal? Could you like me to Crane's post as well? Thanks.

slacks133

Reaction score
So i wear a 12 in Vans Authentics, 11.5 in Jack Purcells and they fit me perfectly.

So would it be safe to say 11.5D in these? They are out of 12D's and i want to take advantage of the discount but im not too sure.

Anyone have Authentics/Purcells and the Katahdins for reference?

Thanks

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rikkar501
i treated my boots to Sno Seal per Crane's tutorial in his thread, and I've gotta say I love the way they turned out. It definitely darkened the leather but I think it looks much better. Not at all a muddy color as another guy said, but a deep chocolate brown.

Do post pics.
smile.gif

Rikkar501

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sofaking30
What about obneauf? Best place to buy Sno Seal? Could you like me to Crane's post as well? Thanks.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...1&postcount=30
I've never tried Obneauf and I bought the Sno Seal at a local leather repair and boot shop. Got it for $10 which is overpaying by about $5 compared to online, but the convenience was worth it.

Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Do post pics.
smile.gif

I'll try to capture the lighting, but all I have is a cell phone so don't hold your breath!

bjork

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
A 6" leg opening is ridiculous. If you're 125+ pounds you seriously need to reconsider your jeans options. Slim is always the way to go. Skinny only works on skinny people.

And to answer your question, yes they'd look horrible.

That's too bad, but a 6 in leg opening is not ridiculous... I wear a pair of iron heart cyclist jeans where the thigh is bigger and the taper is extreme, it doesn't even appear that skinny to be honest. I'm over 125 lb and these are sz 27 btw.

Untitled-1.jpg

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjork
That's too bad, but a 6 in leg opening is not ridiculous... I wear a pair of iron heart cyclist jeans where the thigh is bigger and the taper is extreme, it doesn't even appear that skinny to be honest. I'm over 125 lb and these are sz 27 btw.

Untitled-1.jpg

Those look good with appropriate footwear. I think it would look quite different with a pair of work boots.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI

I stopped by LL Bean in Freeport a couple of weeks ago to try these on. They don't carry this model in store anymore, only the other Katahdin boot. Obviously still available for order online, just no longer carried in store.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Untitled-1.jpg

I personally don't think that "footwear" works well with a 6" inch opening at all. Take a profile pic -- the combination of the orthopedic shoes and strict taper looks awful. If you're going to do the 6" opening you might as well do work boots, it really can't possibly look as bad as what you got going on here man.

bjork

Reaction score
seems like velcro shoes aren't too popular on sf, oh well wish there were boots with slimmer silhouettes that aren't too expensive full profile:
SDC14021resize.jpg

Zaarin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrick_b
FYI

I stopped by LL Bean in Freeport a couple of weeks ago to try these on. They don't carry this model in store anymore, only the other Katahdin boot. Obviously still available for order online, just no longer carried in store.

Same. I recently purchased mine. I tried on the other pair for sizing purposes and just ordered it online. They offered to do it in the store but it was no different.

zoso1699

Reaction score
i just received my boots in the size 10 D and they fit perfectly. not too snug or tight. thick wool socks are snug, but i haven't broken the boots in. Almost all of my shoes are a 10 1/2, except my converse/purcells and bean boots (size 9). so i couldn't be happier with the fit. if anyone else is a 10 1/2 TTS, the 10 should fit fine. can't wait to get the sno seal on them and tear up the chicago winter

also, i bought the tweed jacket from their signature line online yesterday. i just read about the discount code (november20) in this thread and called LLBean support. they were happy to apply the discount of 20%! thanks for mentioning the code, appreciate it. also, didn't know they're a 24 hr support service, phone or email.

shckr446

Reaction score
So I was going to order these boots but unfortunatly they currently do not have my size (9 1/2). I also called any there is no back order. What do you guys recomend I do? I was thinking either size down, order the waterproof version (does anyone have there? thoughts? or go with the chippewa gq boots?? thanks

BlueWord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shckr446
So I was going to order these boots but unfortunatly they currently do not have my size (9 1/2). I also called any there is no back order. What do you guys recomend I do? I was thinking either size down, order the waterproof version (does anyone have there? thoughts? or go with the chippewa gq boots?? thanks

The boots are 1/2 size large, despite conflicting reports in this thread. It's not so noticeable that TTS will be too big, but sizing down 1/2 will give you a more "correct" fit. Order a size 9, if that's in stock. If not, I'd hold out; the waterproof version is blah, and the gq boots look very boring. Also, you don't have that big chippewa logo on the Katahdins, or the LL Bean customer service on the GQ boots.

bobm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Those look good with appropriate footwear. I think it would look quite different with a pair of work boots.

I agree. But if you do like the boots, and I like mine, why just get a different pair of pants?

Bob

G0079

Reaction score
seems like velcro shoes aren't too popular on sf, oh well
wish there were boots with slimmer silhouettes that aren't too expensive

full profile:

http://www.pressuretestrec.com/uploa...4021resize.jpg

Just do it - those aren't jeggings, they'll fit if you lace them.

Originally Posted by shckr446

Size 9

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads