Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jmillz15, Oct 13, 2009.

1. changy

changy Senior member

I initially ordered a size 9 but it was a tad large, so i ordered an 8.5. After i got the 8.5 i compared it to the 9 which i held on to and i noticed that the 8.5 has a more protruding sole. Just wondering for those of you who have the shoes, what are yours like.

In this picture, the left foot is 9, right foot is 8.5.

[​IMG]

2. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

If you're on the border on these, you shouldn't. One of the best buys I've made in a while. Great looking boots.

3. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

I'd say mine looks more like the one of the left, but it also protrudes a little bit more

4. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I had the same issue my Iron Rangers last year, both in size 9. Can't remember the whole deal, think I bought them from one place, then found them cheaper somewhere else. Ended up sending back the ones that had the flush cut sole and had my cobbler trim the soles on the ones I kept, but made sure he didn't trim them flush with the boot. I think beater/work boots like the Katahdin and Iron Ranger look better with a little sole showing.

5. changy

changy Senior member

I had the same issue my Iron Rangers last year, both in size 9. Can't remember the whole deal, think I bought them from one place, then found them cheaper somewhere else. Ended up sending back the ones that had the flush cut sole and had my cobbler trim the soles on the ones I kept, but made sure he didn't trim them flush with the boot. I think beater/work boots like the Katahdin and Iron Ranger look better with a little sole showing.

Agreed. Although I'm not sure a cobbler can trim my soles since the stitchings are pretty far out. It's fine since I like it with the sole.

6. wrongturnsteve

wrongturnsteve Well-Known Member

i just got a pair of these from my gal.

I also have a pair of GTs and these are miles better

7. Lostinthesupermarket

Lostinthesupermarket Senior member

@wrongturnsteve:

How did you size in the RW GT's and the Katahadins if you don't mind me asking?

8. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

I initially ordered a size 9 but it was a tad large, so i ordered an 8.5. After i got the 8.5 i compared it to the 9 which i held on to and i noticed that the 8.5 has a more protruding sole. Just wondering for those of you who have the shoes, what are yours like.

In this picture, the left foot is 9, right foot is 8.5.

[​IMG]

mine has a protruding sole at size 11.5, i prefer it like that actually

also, wow you have a really wide feet, my laces close up alot closer than yours do

9. otc

otc Senior member

I keep thinking someone took a picture of my feet and turned it into one of those "pick out the differances" pictures.

Your feet appear super wide (my laces come much closer together and the top of the boot closes pretty tight)
    My boots look closer to the left boot...the right one seems like it has too much overhang.

10. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

I'm on my third replacement pair of these boots, I've had some issues with the leather not being glued on firmly around the stiching. Perhaps I'm being too picky, but I could see this developing into a major issue.

Still strongly suggest getting these, as they're quite the boot.

11. wrongturnsteve

wrongturnsteve Well-Known Member

@wrongturnsteve:

How did you size in the RW GT's and the Katahadins if you don't mind me asking?

the GTs are more narrow and longer, i got the same size kats and they are a pefect fit for my foot. a tad bit wider than the GTs and a good length past the toes.

12. changy

changy Senior member

I keep thinking someone took a picture of my feet and turned it into one of those "pick out the differances" pictures.

Your feet appear super wide (my laces come much closer together and the top of the boot closes pretty tight)
    My boots look closer to the left boot...the right one seems like it has too much overhang.

haha thanks guys, i do have pretty wide/high feet. luckily the 8.5 d fits me, they are out of the 8.5 EE i believe. it looks like a lot of protrusion when compared side by side, but when worn together, you dont really notice it and i like the look better.

13. Melo

Melo Senior member

Considering getting a pair of these. Does anyone know if they might have coupons/discounts closer to the holidays?

14. otc

otc Senior member

Considering getting a pair of these. Does anyone know if they might have coupons/discounts closer to the holidays?

They have free shipping and a free $10 giftcard right now...

15. bjork

bjork Active Member

i know everyone is saying that these will fit under slim jeans, but will they fit under skinny jeans? The jeans I wear both have 6" leg openings and I'm wondering if they'll look clownish under them.