• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

parc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by newyork20
What does everyone think about these? They are the L.L. Bean Signature Waxed Canvas Maine Boot.
waxed-maine-hunting-shoe.jpg

They are one of my first purchases when the school year starts. I'm having a problem deciding if I want the one's pictured or the denim pair, though. From what I've seen around the web the denim one's are versatile (they go well with chinos in both khaki and olive), but I'm not sure if I would want to wear them with my jeans. BTW I think this is the wrong thread to be talking about them
uhoh.gif

Unkempt

Reaction score
Here are my Katahdin boots after about 9 months of wear. Gave it two coats of Obenauf's when I first got them and haven't done anything to them since.
bsha7.jpg
HHIds.jpg

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nice Boot

The Katahdins that people were discussing in this thread got discontinued. The one on Bean right now is basically the same boot but with more padding and a different sole.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I didn't know the old katahdins got discontinued. Glad I got a pair before. The new one doesn't have the captoe anymore.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's a shame they got discontinued, I really like my pair. BE JEALOUS.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we know for sure that the old model is discontinued? Has anyone asked LL Bean reps? If that's the case it's totally stupid considering how fast these had been selling out.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here are my Katahdin boots after about 9 months of wear. Gave it two coats of Obenauf's when I first got them and haven't done anything to them since.
bsha7.jpg
HHIds.jpg
The look pretty worn, for a 9 months old shoe :D.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got off the chat line w/ LL Bean customer service and they said the captoe boots we all know and love will be back in stock this Fall. Yay.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bsha7.jpg
HHIds.jpg
post pics with some tapered jeans please Thanks

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, they definitely got a lot of wear throughout the fall and winter (almost daily).

Not the best photo seeing as the bottom is cut off, but you get the idea. Worn with my N&F Weird Guys:

ACTUALLY NO... yours appear to have a completely flat toe. Thus a pic of them (both front and side) would be great.

Unkempt

Reaction score

ACTUALLY NO... yours appear to have a completely flat toe. Thus a pic of them (both front and side) would be great.

They are flat because I pushed in the toebox with my hands. Camera is dead ATM, will post when I next get the chance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads