Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jmillz15, Oct 13, 2009.

1. fpr4

fpr4 Well-Known Member

Thanks! - just got the sale price applied to my back ordered boots![​IMG]

How did you get them applied to your backordered boots? I didn't get an email or anything about this discount. Is the sale over?

This kind of irritates me. I ordered the Katahdin boots and belt both. $140 is a HUGE difference from $200 and if this is the case I'm going to be quite upset.

2. OneLouder

OneLouder Member

How did you get them applied to your backordered boots? I didn't get an email or anything about this discount. Is the sale over?

This kind of irritates me. I ordered the Katahdin boots and belt both. $140 is a HUGE difference from $200 and if this is the case I'm going to be quite upset.

Called customer service and axed them nicely.

3. anymajordude

anymajordude Active Member

Just received a pair of the GQ's.

I'm trying to decide whether to keep them or not. They feel pretty good, but I can't decide if they are too clunky.

What do you guys think?

(jeans are cheapo 501 STF's)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. fpr4

fpr4 Well-Known Member

I don't like the toe on the GQ, but that's just me...

5. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

^^^ They look good, but the Engineer cap toes look great

6. fpr4

fpr4 Well-Known Member

Great... backordered Katahdin's pushed back 25 days from original arrival date of April 1st. These boots better be damn good to deal with the hassel over just picking up a pair of Iron Rangers. edit: well for $10 more I flip-flopped and was able to pick up a pair of Orvis Cannon Valley Boots. Read the description and talked to one of their online reps and found out that they are Red Wing boots, fully manufactured by Red Wing and guaranteed by Red Wing and Orvis. On sale for $100 off. Anyone wanting to pick up a pair of Red Wings for $10 more than the Katahdin's might be interested. I'm usually pretty loyal to LL Bean, but pushing my backordered items back almost a full month made me go in another direction this time... [​IMG]

7. fpr4

fpr4 Well-Known Member

Anyone have a reference on the width of the Katahdin's versus Red Wings IR's? Iron Rangers seem pretty narrow thru the heel and arch.

8. Msanti

Msanti Member

I own a pair of black cherry Redwing GTs. Should I get the exact same size in the Katahdin to ensure the same fit?

9. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

is there anything fundamentally different about the waterproofed katahdins besides the lug soles?

10. canderson

canderson Member

is there anything fundamentally different about the waterproofed katahdins besides the lug soles?

The top of the boot is different. The waterproof has a "padding" around it while the normal one is straight leather.

I prefer the normal boot, and have a waterproofed-version sitting next to me to return next time I'm near LL Bean.

FYI, the Chippewa GQ boot looks just as good as the LL Bean Katahdin. Not much difference and I think the GQ sole is a bit more traction-friendly (wearing these now).

I've never worn an ee but am in these boots, they are very narrow in the toe box imo and were causing my big and little toe to rub a lot.

11. gwnorth23

gwnorth23 New Member

Best boots I have ever owned, no questions asked......
    [​IMG]

12. Threak

Threak Senior member

So one of the laces on my boots is coming apart. There's a loop of some white nylon filament type material that got through the braided outer sheath. Google showed one place that sells replacement Chippewa laces, hopefully they're the same as what came with the boot.

13. otc

otc Senior member

Here is my pair around Thanksgiving immediately after a fresh clean and sno-seal

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had them since christmas 09 with pretty frequent wear (especially in fall/winter)