• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Pepper

Reaction score
Is there a link posted somewhere that has information about suit patterns like the one posted for suit labels? I was trying to find out what you call this :

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone should try adding "just like the celebrities!" to an auction title :lol:

UNBELIEVABLE Corneliani Pinstripe Sport Coat Blazer ~ Just Like the Celebrities!

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay so a customer got my number from eBay I assume and he's been texting and calling me non-stop since the day after his purchase asking where his item is. I'm extremely ******* pissed off and frustrated eBay just gave out my number to some random ass person on the internet.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay so a customer got my number from eBay I assume and he's been texting and calling me non-stop since the day after his purchase asking where his item is. I'm extremely ******* pissed off and frustrated eBay just gave out my number to some random ass person on the internet.

Consider getting a Google Voice number and listing it. I set up one a long time ago that I use for anything public, like putting on my resume or ebay. It gives you a lot of options for delivery and also a handy do not disturb function.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google voice #s work great! Used one for years at my old job. But besides that, I would mention the harassment to Ebay and have him flagged. Tell them he is going outside of eBay messages to harass you about shipping times, rather than send a message through eBay.

nnjacob

Reaction score
Hello Gents,

In a rash of acquisitiveness, I recently purchased a few more items on Ebay than I should have. Being new to this forum (and any fashion stuff in general), I have no clue if I got ripped off. Can anyone tell me if any of these were a decent price?

• Brooks Brothers Madison 1818 Suit (Like new) ~ $100
  • Brioni Flannel Suit (Like New) ~ $250
  • Loro Piana Cashmere Overcoat (Pre-owned, good condition) ~ $320
  • Z Zegna Wool Overcoat (Pre-owned, decent condition) ~ $140

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That depends entirely on how much you needed the item and how much you were willing to pay.

Ripping off implies you were misled and you bought these entirely at your own volition.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello Gents,

In a rash of acquisitiveness, I recently purchased a few more items on Ebay than I should have.  Being new to this forum (and any fashion stuff in general), I have no clue if I got ripped off.  Can anyone tell me if any of these were a decent price?

• Brooks Brothers Madison 1818 Suit (Like new) ~ $100
  • Brioni Flannel Suit (Like New) ~ $250
  • Loro Piana Cashmere Overcoat (Pre-owned, good condition) ~ $320
  • Z Zegna Wool Overcoat (Pre-owned, decent condition) ~ $140
Are you happy with everything? If so, that is all that matters. For example, the BB suit seems like a decent price but on me the Madison cut looks awful. I would never buy one at any price. If it fits you, though, that is good news!

I'd say, assuming good condition and that none of the styles are comically outdated, you paid about (eBay) market price. The Z Zegna is the one I'd be most suspicious of, if I had to choose. That is a pretty cheaply made diffusion line.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like new Brioni flannel?? That's peanuts yo! Enjoy the items and wear them well. On Ebay, an item is only worth as much as anyone is willing to spend. You did not get ripped off unless you were intentionally misled in the listings.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
X-post...

I think this is a record.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads