• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, hold up... does ebay give ppl a free pass now or do they hide the feedback while your revision request is pending? It was literally there a minute ago. Thanks for saving me a half an hour on the phone if so. Also, I have to resist rubbing it in her face if it stays away.
1669166694500.png

Well, I got notice that the feedback revision was denied, and the neg is still gone. It's also gone from her feedback left for others. I had to resist sending a snarky message, or leaving feedback. To be fair, either she's had every neg she left for others removed, or this was her first. She's left glowing reviews for stuff she's bought for her "fur babies" :rolleyes: so why poke the wide footed bear.

Last edited:

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get a lot of issues with returns thankfully, an A-hole or scammer every so often as usual.. But has anyone gotten returns where the person says they changed their mind, or they made a mistake with the size or some BS.. but uses reason "Doesn't match description or photos" ?

I've noticed usually it's someone who's familiar with ebay's system and purposefully does that to force the return (no option to decline) and get their original shipping back (have to pay for return label and original shipping refunded). Anyone been able to combat this? Or just take the small loss, report them and move on?

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're boned with SNAD when you don't take returns. If you do take returns, you can ding them after the item is returned with a partial refund. On especially egregious occasions, I've been able to get eBay to refund my money back post transaction, but they don't take it from the buyer, so it doesn't matter to them.

eddyroxx

Reaction score
I don't get a lot of issues with returns thankfully, an A-hole or scammer every so often as usual.. But has anyone gotten returns where the person says they changed their mind, or they made a mistake with the size or some BS.. but uses reason "Doesn't match description or photos" ?

I've noticed usually it's someone who's familiar with ebay's system and purposefully does that to force the return (no option to decline) and get their original shipping back (have to pay for return label and original shipping refunded). Anyone been able to combat this? Or just take the small loss, report them and move on?
What I've gotten from CS reps is that it's all automated, and there's nothing they can do to override SNAD.
They suggested I message the buyer to return the item for a refund, without actually accepting the return initially.
Then when the item arrives, you choose the full refund option as opposed to accepting the return. Saves you the return shipping, although you'll still have to reimburse initial shipping.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're boned with SNAD when you don't take returns. If you do take returns, you can ding them after the item is returned with a partial refund. On especially egregious occasions, I've been able to get eBay to refund my money back post transaction, but they don't take it from the buyer, so it doesn't matter to them.
Be aware with SNAD returns, when you choose any type of partial refund, even only withholding the original postage, ebay does not refund your selling fees. I missed that fine print until recently. That's the cost of feedback protection on the transaction.

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be aware with SNAD returns, when you choose any type of partial refund, even only withholding the original postage, ebay does not refund your selling fees. I missed that fine print until recently. That's the cost of feedback protection on the transaction. Just to make sure I'm reading that right, they even keep the FVF on the amount you refund?
So, they keep the FVF on the refunded part too? Wow. That would just make me withhold the max to cover that additional bs. Being covered from feedback though, I'd probably do that every time, what is it, 50%?

I still haven't figured out how I got that free pass on my negative. I'd be curious about others theories. Thinking something like the excessive verbiage, plus maybe others already reporting her. Her positive feedback is just as effusive. I wonder if all her negs just keep getting removed is the reason I only see a few neutrals on her account.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, they keep the FVF on the refunded part too? Wow. That would just make me withhold the max to cover that additional bs. Being covered from feedback though, I'd probably do that every time, what is it, 50%?

I'm not down with it at all, and I express that opinion to ebay whenever I get the opportunity. It's simply not ethical for ebay to keep the fees on a incorrectly opened return, and then re-charge the fees when the returned item sells again.

It gets really bad when I think about the actual scam return I had a year ago, where the guy returned a different sweater than I shipped him. It was a damaged Hermes cashmere for $100, he sent back just a plain old sweater. I was max able to withhold 50% and the original shipping. It was promoted listing too. So on that sale, ebay kept the $21.20 fees, and I got to keep $7.80 after the fees and return postage. The buyer got to keep the sweater for $50, which they had already sold in their store by the time I received the false return. I checked a couple weeks ago, and they are still an active buyer/seller.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, hold up... does ebay give ppl a free pass now or do they hide the feedback while your revision request is pending? It was literally there a minute ago. Thanks for saving me a half an hour on the phone if so. Also, I have to resist rubbing it in her face if it stays away.
View attachment 1859789
Well, I got notice that the feedback revision was denied, and the neg is still gone. It's also gone from her feedback left for others. I had to resist sending a snarky message, or leaving feedback. To be fair, either she's had every neg she left for others removed, or this was her first. She's left glowing reviews for stuff she's bought for her "fur babies" :rolleyes: so why poke the wide footed bear.

It has happened to me. My theory is that if you have a history of taking care of your customers, ebay automatically reviews negatives and will sometimes remove them with no prompting from the seller.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It went away when I requested the revision from the buyer. The neg disappeared immediately, then a day or so later I got notice that the buyer denied the request.
:-D

All the more reason that I think it was removed because of an automatic review based upon your seller history.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads