• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be polite to the buyer. Feel his pain. Because he is SOL.
Maybe, or he is lying and hoping to rip you off. Probably would have opened a SND claim if they knew saying it got stolen wouldn't have worked. He'd have been better of saying you mailed him a box of hamsters and not the item he purchased. I wonder, how ridiculous of a claim can you make about an item and still get ebay to side with you. "I ordered a wool sweater, the seller sent me a sheep with instructions. Can I get a refund?"

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there's anyone out there who's still as technology-crippled as I am when it comes to editing photos...

Editing photos? What is this sorcery of which you speak?

You are a high tech wizard by my standards.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion for a neweer lighting kit? I take a lot of photos of suits, shoes, and clothes in general.
I got this one a couple of weeks ago, and am underwhelmed. It’s fine for smalls, but can’t put enough light on my mannequin for suits and jackets. It’s good for fill light, but then the color temp has to match (it’s close enough on ambient daylight, but doesn’t match the overhead led in my basement). I’m planning to get stronger bulbs and hope that solves my issue.
Neewer 5500K Photo Studio... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXQG2HF?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
^I've posted this before, but I use these LED shop lights from Harbor Freight.

One over the mannequin, two in front of the mannequin (hanging vertically from thrifted IV poles), and one over the flat table. On sale, at nineteen bucks a pop, unbeatable, with masses of light. Match your camera to the color temperature, and you're good to go.

Last edited:

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Not sure if there's anyone out there who's still as technology-crippled as I am when it comes to editing photos (for the past few years I've spent hundreds of hours using an app called MagicEraser to manually make each background white with my finger on my phone), but this website that I discovered a few days ago has changed my life. Just upload a photo from your computer and boom, the background is gone and you can make it anything you like (I stick with white). Seriously hard to believe how much time it's gonna save me.

Just tried it. Insanely amazing. Saved me HOURS already. Thanks!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure if there's anyone out there who's still as technology-crippled as I am when it comes to editing photos (for the past few years I've spent hundreds of hours using an app called MagicEraser to manually make each background white with my finger on my phone), but this website that I discovered a few days ago has changed my life. Just upload a photo from your computer and boom, the background is gone and you can make it anything you like (I stick with white). Seriously hard to believe how much time it's gonna save me.

This looks great. Can you do it from an app/your phone? (He asks, before signing up...)

madeinbogota

Reaction score
This looks great. Can you do it from an app/your phone? (He asks, before signing up...)
Not sure, haven’t tried...seems like it might be computer only. You should try though!

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Doesn't seem to do anything for me; it won't even upload an image.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Does this mean I’m a big boy now? Never had this many views, though maybe this is small fry to some of you guys.

div25sec9

Reaction score
Here's another for the blocked list: t0dubble17

can't button up the jeans, but it's because the item must have been altered. Admitted in the return that it did match the description and photos, and that he did the return as NAD because he doesn't want to pay for returns. Ebay rep said I can call back to get this closed off in a couple of days as they noted it as buyers remorse.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe try a different browser? I'm using it in Chrome and works just fine.
I use Chrome. It seems to have been a temporary thing, which has sorted itself out now. I'm not sold on it, as it seems to leave some imprecise edges when removing the background. Worth more of a go, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads