Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Brianpore just got a D3100...I bet it's very similar...ask him.

2. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

How do you print a label online for a 1st class package?

3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Oh yeah....forgot...

You can't print a first class international label via paypal, but you can through ebay. You will have to go into ebay to a recently shipped transaction and click print shipping label. It will bring up the label form page for that transaction with the address already filled in from the buyer. Edit the address to the address of the SF member you are shipping to. Print label.

WARNING, if you are a Top Rated Seller, and have time constraints for shipping, this will effect your tracking for the original package. both numbers will show up in the transaction history, but the last one printed will give the date stamp to ebay for their TRS qualifications check every month.

4. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Cool, thanks. It doesn't notify the buyer on that auction with a tracking number or anything?

5. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

My life is a walking refresh button and an email chime.

7. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

I'm not sure if this is a tip but it's new to me.

I have bunch of Thursday evening 10-day auctions going up tomorrow. I did most of the listing on Monday and was charged 50 cents/per.
    In the meantime some sort of Black Fiday listing sale kicked in.
    Today I revised one of the listings and was only charged a dime to revise. I can't remember if that's for 10-day or for scheduling but at 40 cents for 20 listings, it does make a difference.

I'll probably spend a few minutes revising the rest tomorrow.

8. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

What is the consensus regarding listing during the thanksgiving - Christmas holiday season. I feel this is the last solid Sunday for eBay sales. At least for my kind of items (thrift flips). I have not had strong Decembers for the last couple of years, I'm probably not listing anymore this year after my auctions end this Sunday. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My store link
    http://stores.ebay.com/shellcordovans

9. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

I hope to christ your wrong. I gotta eat the end of the semester of law school!

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

It was balls to the wall for me all last Christmas season....I found it to be a prime time to sell. Was still selling stuff on Christmas Eve and Christmas Night. If anything, you could maybe do 30 day BINOBO listings and just let them ride.

11. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

How are you guys packing shirts? I've been putting them in a ziploc, and stuffing them in a Small Flat Rate Box, they fit but its kind of like vaccum packing. I've shipped 10-15 this way and someone whined on the last one that it was wrinkled. I guess I kind of assumed everyone was washing and pressing or dry cleaning when they got them.

Any other cheap ideas short of going and buying $3 shippers?

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

For packaging tips see near the beginning of the thread for "Brianpore's Shipping Tutorial"

I put this exact phrase in all of my listings...can be edited for shirts. Never any complaints....yet.

"Jacket will be carefully packaged and shipped in a 13x10x4 box and will possibly require pressing.
    This will be taken care of when you have it dry cleaned anyway. "

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012

13. concealed

concealed Senior member

i typically fold the shirts following the tm lewin method and put them in priority tyveks for shirts that sell for over $50 and supply my own tyveks and ship first class for those under $50

14. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

I'm in need of wisdom. I had an item end on Sunday night. The winning bidder had a couple of positive feedbacks saying how he was a flake: maybe 3 out of 12 or so. I figured there was a 50/50 at best chance I'd get my payment. I sent him an invoice Monday morning, and he marked "payment sent" for the item. I only have PayPal as an option, so I can't figure out why he can mark it as payment sent. Today I got three messages from him saying he paid long ago and has been waiting for the package.

I realize I'm not going to get the money from this guy, so should I just cancel the transaction and give the next person a second chance offer or go through the non-paying bidder process?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

He's probably trying to scam you. Mark payment sent manually and then inattentive buyers will see the item as paid and just ship the item. Then you're out your item and there's nothing you can do to recover it. Best to open a case and contact ebay.