• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It just popped up on my seller page today. I didn't actually receive an email about it. I might only use like 950,000 of mine so you can use the rest if you want.

Holy heck I got it too. Didn't think I'd get invited to that kinda thing. I'll be sure to abuse it as much as possible.

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It just popped up on my seller page today. I didn't actually receive an email about it. I might only use like 950,000 of mine so you can use the rest if you want.

There was a note with mine asking me to not mention the offer to Spoo.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll answer this. I'm a Canadian and recently popped into a post office in NYC. To ship a tie (for example) within the US, the cost is a flat $5.80. To ship the same tie to Canada, is a flat rate that's 3-4 times higher than if you were shipping within the US.

That's ridiculous! I've shipped shoes to the USA for half of what the big sellers on eBay charge. I wonder why low shipping costs don't go both ways. Hooray for Canada Post?

I'm convinced the shipping calculator is consistently incorrect. I can provide more accurate quotes if you'd like.

I was looking through your listings (a little bit for fun; I'm amazed at the number of your listings!) and noticed ties/cufflinks were around $30 to ship. So I thought I'd ask why :)

Always a 50% discount for international shipping for SF members, but its pretty much actual cost. I only use Priority/Express, never 1st class.

Sweet! Thanks, Spoo! I've been eyeing those Martegani's since you listed them.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Summary page under Promotional offers, same place it tracks your 500 free listings........if you had a store subscription......
nest.gif

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summary page under Promotional offers, same place it tracks your 500 free listings........if you had a store subscription......
nest.gif

I see it as well under "My eBay All Selling"

gerbilunit

Reaction score
I would start with no store subscription, and just get a feel for it for a few months. You will learn a lot on the way, this will also give you some time to think about store name, and what your going to focus on selling.

I think it is a fair way to list it. The exposure you need is required to use ISAIA in some form. Either way could work, but I like ur first option best.

thanks snoogz for the tip!

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nest.gif

I received the offer as well. Found in the same place as Wes.
I suppose its for sellers with stores only?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received the offer as well. Found in the same place as Wes.
I suppose its for sellers with stores only?
No I got it as well and I don't have a store, see my post above.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads