• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What equipment u got new? A Sony?
I just got a new 90D. The faster processor and memory cards will be helpful for certain types of photography. I have too much invested in Canon glass to jump to Sony.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of these stores actually authenticate, or is this just the same scam people try to run over and over?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of these stores actually authenticate, or is this just the same scam people try to run over and over?
I have had Hermès stores tell me that they (officially) do not authenticate merchandise. They will, however, tell you if a receipt is legit (for whatever that's worth). But, if you catch one of the employees on a good day, I have found that they will give you an honest opinion.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you haven't blocked him, hurry up and do so. He's left 3 more of the same feedback for other sellers since yesterday. I've contacted each of them, hopefully to form a united front against him.
For reasons I can't remember, he was already on my block list.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should be an easy, slam-dunk removal (and hopeful suspension).
Boom, ROASTED!

Mine was removed, and supposedly his account has been sent to the trust and safety department. Hoping I gave the other sellers enough hope to get theirs removed too.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep. They’ll supposedly get back to me within two days. It’s frustrating dealing with college-educated people who can’t answer a question honestly.
How long should I give Facebook to respond before contacting the credit card company?

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
Another for the list; This guy bought a NWT pair of jeans and never paid. I cancelled and re-sold.

He then left a neg, claiming that I had never shipped the jeans after he paid for them.

Screenshot 2021-12-11 075051.jpg

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads