• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See if you can file a case with Canada Post to investigate it and then post the case # as a message in the return request. Also, definitely call ebay to see what your options are.

There's a package that's very delayed and the buyer messaged me (but hasn't opened a case), so I filed a request with USPS online and they responded saying that they're tracing the package. I'm communicating everything I can back to the buyer so he doesn't feel like I'm ignoring him, and that something is being done.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely open a case with Canada Post. You can do it at the bottom of the page here:

I've had to do it a few times and they usually track it down and get it moving again after a few days. In those cases I've uploaded a screen shot of the ticket number and that has been enough to hold the buyer off from further action.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely open a case with Canada Post. You can do it at the bottom of the page here:

I've had to do it a few times and they usually track it down and get it moving again after a few days. In those cases I've uploaded a screen shot of the ticket number and that has been enough to hold the buyer off from further action.

Thanks for the advice, everybody. I opened a ticket and they're going to send me an update if they find anything (fingers crossed).

Buyer seems to be understanding.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nevermind. Guy changed his mind. Sent it back, so I'm not out return shipping, but ultimately wanted shipping returned too, and wouldn't take the partial refund. Way too much work for trying to save $10. Block and save yourself.
1630459356926.png

goatamous II

Reaction score
I know it's been discussed but wanted to make sure I don't miss a step

Shipped item. Tracking shows delivered yesterday
Opens item not received case
Buyer - "I was at 31 <steer name> all day and no package"
I check tracking
Me - "address on eBay shows 93 <street name>"
Buyer - "I was at 93 <street name> all day and nobody showed up. Can you check with Canada Post?"

I'll be courteous (though I will question the address part)
When eBay ultimately steps in, is showing delivered enough to swing it in my favour?

haloitsme

Reaction score
I know it's been discussed but wanted to make sure I don't miss a step

Shipped item. Tracking shows delivered yesterday
Opens item not received case
Buyer - "I was at 31 <steer name> all day and no package"
I check tracking
Me - "address on eBay shows 93 <street name>"
Buyer - "I was at 93 <street name> all day and nobody showed up. Can you check with Canada Post?"

I'll be courteous (though I will question the address part)
When eBay ultimately steps in, is showing delivered enough to swing it in my favour?
You are fine as long as you shipped to eBay adress. Just get the confirmation of the post of delivery -> if above xxx $ you need signature proof and submit it to ebay and you are done.
He might than open a SNAD case, but different story then.

goatamous II

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses

Thankfully this was just a case of somebody that is new to ebay. Tracking showed delivered, he didn't receive it and freaked out.
This morning just updated that it's been received (and was potentially delivered to the neighbor's house)
I had my ducks in a row, but a good reminder for me to make sure i'm covered with every shipment.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Just sold a high-value item to a person in California. Going to get tracking, but the buyer has asked for no signature confirmation. He says he lives in a gated house with good security in a good neighbourhood.

Nothing in the feedback that would indicate it could be an issue.

Thoughts?

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Just sold a high-value item to a person in California. Going to get tracking, but the buyer has asked for no signature confirmation. He says he lives in a gated house with good security in a good neighbourhood.

Thoughts?
Doesn’t seem like an odd request. Maybe a little sketchy but sounds like he doesn’t want to have to go pick up the package if he’s not home at time of delivery

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Thoughts?
Google the address. It will show if he's being honest. But, it sounds like a legit request.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Thoughts?
Had the same request multiple times, because shipping from Austria to US usually with Fedex or DHL express, and they all request signature.

You can tell him, he should sign a formula by the shipping companies that allow to leave the package unsigned. Easiest thing.

And you are save; because you shipped with signature.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads