• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What photo editing software? Usually I just use a preset filter that I created on Lightroom, have a few based on material / color and it's a one click edit

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:SPOO SIGNAL:

Versace ties at Marshalls for around $50-60 each. No Versace tag, just a Marshalls tag. Worth the pickup for a flip as NWT will be hard to prove?

My 2 cents: if you're going to picture & sell them as NWT, then you'd have to leave the Marshalls tags attached...which is less than ideal.
You could list as NWOT which isn't such a bad thing, but if they're the ties I am thinking of from Marshalls (vine or geometric pattern with small Medusa on front & back, similar to these), the sold price tops out at around $75 on eBay with the Versace tags attached...so maybe not much meat on dem bones. But you could always try - carefully remove the Marshalls tag but leave the barb in place - if they don't sell, you have 30 days to re-attach the tag and return. To me, not worth the effort to possibly clear $15 +/- after fees etc.

But I'm no Spoo, and defer to his advice.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

:SPOO SIGNAL:

Versace ties at Marshalls for around $50-60 each. No Versace tag, just a Marshalls tag. Worth the pickup for a flip as NWT will be hard to prove?

Not worth it at all.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another question - I have some nice shoes I'm trying to clean up that have paint spots on the soles - any idea how I could get these spots out (they're mostly on the topy/rubber heel)?

And a shot of the uppers since :slayer:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another question - I have some nice shoes I'm trying to clean up that have paint spots on the soles - any idea how I could get these spots out (they're mostly on the topy/rubber heel)?

Paint thinner? I'm not trying to sound like a smart-ass...I know one may not normally think "paint thinner" because it can be pretty harsh, but I bought a small bottle the other day called "Kleen-Strip Green Safer Paint Thinner" since I was going to use it in a non-traditional manner (no, I was not huffing). It took longer to work, but worked in the end. It's ain't cheap - a little 30oz bottle was like seven bucks - but it did not stink the hell out of my house. I've never tried it on leather so I'd spot test it if possible.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 day auctions Thurs-Sunday are the best we all know...if I am running 7 day auctions are Sun Night thru Sun Night ideal?

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, what manner of fuckery is this? Message from eBay whenever I list something now:

Attention Sellers:
Alert
To ensure success for our sellers and create a safe marketplace, eBay places various limits on accounts based on the average volume – either items or dollar amount – they sell.
You haven’t reached your limit yet, but you’re approaching it. If you’d like to sell more, call us to discuss the possibility of increasing your limit.
Learn more about limits on eBay sellers.

So, they want to limit the number / dollar amount of what I am listing for sale? Are they serious - they want me to list / sell less??!

Another topic - got some lights, got a decent mannequin (anyone using the hanging plastic torso with an open back: you gotta upgrade - it makes a world of difference!) Here's a pic. It ain't perfect, but it's 10x better than my old crappy photos and I don't feel like playing much with white balance and lots of tweaks. The part that is hardest to reconcile is that my little point-n-shoot takes better photos with these lights than my DSLR (both Canon, but that's where the similarity ends). Also hard was not using an orange bow tie, but that's been trademarked by the Cap.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
OK, what manner of fuckery is this? Message from eBay whenever I list something now:

Attention Sellers:
Alert
To ensure success for our sellers and create a safe marketplace, eBay places various limits on accounts based on the average volume – either items or dollar amount – they sell.
You haven’t reached your limit yet, but you’re approaching it. If you’d like to sell more, call us to discuss the possibility of increasing your limit.

So, they want to limit the number / dollar amount of what I am listing for sale? Are they serious - they want me to list / sell less??!

Another topic - got some lights, got a decent mannequin (anyone using the hanging plastic torso with an open back: you gotta upgrade - it makes a world of difference!) Here's a pic. It ain't perfect, but it's 10x better than my old crappy photos and I don't feel like playing much with white balance and lots of tweaks. The part that is hardest to reconcile is that my little point-n-shoot takes better photos with these lights than my DSLR (both Canon, but that's where the similarity ends). Also hard was not using an orange bow tie, but that's been trademarked by the Cap.

fing02[1].gif

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

OK, what manner of fuckery is this? Message from eBay whenever I list something now: Attention Sellers: Alert To ensure success for our sellers and create a safe marketplace, eBay places various limits on accounts based on the average volume – either items or dollar amount – they sell. You haven’t reached your limit yet, but you’re approaching it. If you’d like to sell more, call us to discuss the possibility of increasing your limit. Learn more about limits on eBay sellers. So, they want to limit the number / dollar amount of what I am listing for sale? Are they serious - they want me to list / sell less??! Another topic - got some lights, got a decent mannequin (anyone using the hanging plastic torso with an open back: you gotta upgrade - it makes a world of difference!) Here's a pic. It ain't perfect, but it's 10x better than my old crappy photos and I don't feel like playing much with white balance and lots of tweaks. The part that is hardest to reconcile is that my little point-n-shoot takes better photos with these lights than my DSLR (both Canon, but that's where the similarity ends). Also hard was not using an orange bow tie, but that's been trademarked by the Cap.
Lol. Thanks for the consideration. You wouldn't believe how many buyers ask to buy that tie from me. I even contacted the maker ,Beau Ties, to see if I could get a bunch if them wholesale in order to sell when requested. No response.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. Thanks for the consideration. You wouldn't believe how many buyers ask to buy that tie from me. I even contacted the maker ,Beau Ties, to see if I could get a bunch if them wholesale in order to sell when requested. No response.

It was not a small decision - choosing a bow tie to go with (or, not clash with) a variety of colors / styles...and it did occur to me that your orange was as perfect as could be to use with myriad jackets & suits.
I ended up grabbing my plaid bow tie on eBay - pre-tied so I don't have to jerk with it. And a zip-up dark purple polyester tie for solid jackets - same reason - quick on & off and won't clash. Cheap Pierre Cardin white shirt from Marshalls to complete the kit.

marc roberto

Reaction score
Can I please get some advice on how to get the most on e-bay for this Brioni Nomentano blazer. NWT MSRP 4300.00
How much should I ask and in what format, BIN or auction etc.
Details: Two button front, double vents, unfinished sleeves w/ buttons in the pocket, 70% wool 30% silk.

don't know how to straighten these two out on SF.

Also I would love to hear feedback on the pictures quality and if I should include any others in the listing. Thanks!

Last edited:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Attention Sellers:
Alert

Very Nice. Looks like the photo quality by the participants of this group are greatly improved.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads