• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do not let the aforementioned jerk off ruin your serenity.
serenity-now-gif-13.gif

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trust me... Numismatists are strange people.
Asthmatic Numismatists are even worse.....I once was both, but recovered....mostly.

True story....Smelled something funny last year every time the air kicked on. I had our central air fully serviced, emptied of coolant, checked for leaks, rechecked, rechecked again and then refilled. They found nothing. Cost me about $350. Turns out, when the air kicked on, the window seam was leaking the tiniest bit of air past an old panama hat I had hanging on the curtain rod finial. The hat had a faintly oily scent. My NASA nose gets me every time.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced an increase in seemingly obvious questions lately? I'm wondering if it has something to do with ebay's re-direct from sold listings to somewhat related current listings. In all 3 examples below, the size/color were indicated 4 times in the listing. (Title, Specifics, Description and photos). Confucius say "I'm so confused by the confusing confusion."
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 9.29.25 AM.png

"What color is the jacket?"
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 9.28.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 9.19.11 AM.png

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced an increase in seemingly obvious questions lately? I'm wondering if it has something to do with ebay's re-direct from sold listings to somewhat related current listings. In all 3 examples below, the size/color were indicated 4 times in the listing. (Title, Specifics, Description and photos). Confucius say "I'm so confused by the confusing confusion."
At least you're getting them before bid/purchase. I got a message a day after purchase on a pair of shoes this week: "Hey, are these a wide width? If not, they won't work for me?"
11.5A in title
Extra Narrow (A+) in item specifics
11.5A in description
Photo showing 11.5A

And this wasn't a last second bid. Bid was placed about halfway through the auction cycle.:brick:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At least you're getting them before bid/purchase. I got a message a day after purchase on a pair of shoes this week: "Hey, are these a wide width? If not, they won't work for me?"
11.5A in title
Extra Narrow (A+) in item specifics
11.5A in description
Photo showing 11.5A

And this wasn't a last second bid. Bid was placed about halfway through the auction cycle.:brick:
Two were after purchase.

RjamesB8

Reaction score
Some quick anecdotal info for anyone debating offering returns on their items.

Out of a 30-day sample covering 380 orders/items there were:
15 returns specifically due to "didn't fit" or "didn't like it" (so not counting INASD cases; color wrong, something missed, etc)
$235 net loss on these due to losing initial and return shipping, or sometimes just refunding the entire item outright

Qualifying for the top rated plus seller discount of 10% off final value fees with this return policy saved:
+$120 over this period

What can't be quantified obviously is if/how many more sales this return policy/top seller plus badge garnered.
Also whether or not those items may have ended in INASD regardless if they went to different buyers!
Also some cash may have been theoretically saved by demanding returns instead of refunding in several cases, but how much if any seems questionable.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some quick anecdotal info for anyone debating offering returns on their items.

Out of a 30-day sample covering 380 orders/items there were:
15 returns specifically due to "didn't fit" or "didn't like it" (so not counting INASD cases; color wrong, something missed, etc)
$235 net loss on these due to losing initial and return shipping, or sometimes just refunding the entire item outright

Qualifying for the top rated plus seller discount of 10% off final value fees with this return policy saved:
+$120 over this period

What can't be quantified obviously is if/how many more sales this return policy/top seller plus badge garnered.
Also whether or not those items may have ended in INASD regardless if they went to different buyers!
Also some cash may have been theoretically saved by demanding returns instead of refunding in several cases, but how much if any seems questionable.

You shouldn't be refunding original shipping on Didn't fit/Didn't Like. Only the return shipping is part of the free returns. You can check the box to refund the original shipping as well, but it is not required.

EDIT: If you are offering free shipping and free returns.....you're a better man than I

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@capnwes 's experience jives more with what I've seen.

During my busiest month (February 2017), I had 9 returns (for any reason) on 512 sales totally $16,215 in sales. I offer a 30-day return window, charge a 15% restocking fee, and charge for shipping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads