• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

div25sec9

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Any particular reason? I am not very familiar with it at all.

I'm from Canada, but ship out of the US; so I know both sides of the GSP.

Negatives: eBay charges customs for everything. Regular mail customs is not often levied, especially on lower price items, and when it is, is less than GSP. The negative for sellers is that customers can be scared off of the item as customs fees are listed right in the listing.

Positives: It's very easy to ship worldwide. Ebay does all the shipping and calculations. You are also covered for any lost packages, as ebay is the shipper.

I personally do a combo....direct shipping to some known countries, GSP for everyone else.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, my entire inventory is officially for sale for anyone who is interested.

I would prefer someone buy it all in one large lot, rather than piecemeal or by consigning it all. If anyone is interested, please let me know (PM me with what sort of information you'd like/need to make an offer). Will need to take a final inventory, but it should be around 500-600 items in total. One additional benefit is that it's almost entirely measured already, and I could provide the buyer with those measurements so all you'd need to do would be take pictures which should remove a substantial amount of time for someone to process that sort of volume of inventory.

Got the inventory list completed finally - in case anyone else is interested in the lot, please let me know - it's a total of 699 items. Ranging from a 100 % vicuna coat, to a 2016 Gucci collection coat, to Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece suits, and everything in between!

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the inventory list completed finally - in case anyone else is interested in the lot, please let me know - it's a total of 699 items. Ranging from a 100 % vicuna coat, to a 2016 Gucci collection coat, to Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece suits, and everything in between!
Don't you mean faux vicuna coat:nest:? Too soon?

b19pen15

Reaction score
When you relist with GarageSale it should be the same as relisting through ebay, correct?

I'm not seeing a notice that the item was relisted when I view previously ended listings for my items. I just want to make sure people watching the listings are receiving notice of the relisting and price drop.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, all these fake ‘vintage’ tees are giving me a headache. I’m not sure how these guys get away with it. I got exasperated and looked on Etsy, where the first thing I saw was someone selling a hi-res image of the classic MTV logo, presumably for bootleggers.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm

Last edited:

Craftedpig7

Reaction score
Morning.

So I’m selling a pair of Natural shell cordovan loafers that were too tight on me. I have zero feedback on eBay because I haven’t sold in years and needed a new account.

However, a buyer put in an offer for my full asking price that also has zero feedback. A $400 bid with zero feedback has me really nervous. What would some of you more experienced sellers do in this situation?

Thanks

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cwelle62

For you block lists, if you like. This dude claims that I was an inch off on an inseam measurements, and asked for reimbursement of tailoring expenses.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, this ************* bought 3 things from me (and wasted a LOT of my time in the process). Sent a message saying that he'd be returning two of them due to unspecified defects. The next day, he's no longer a registered member on ebay, and sends me the two items without any ebay approval (so I can't recover fees), and then opens a case on paypal where he disputes the entire transaction (all 3 items).

Just submitted all relevant info to paypal, hope it works out.

View attachment 983854

Paypal just ruled it in his favor. He got ALL his money back. And he has a $90 brioni shirt that he didn't return. I submitted all the proof I had, including his ebay messages that literally said he'll return two of the three items that he purchased.

Do I have a chance at an appeal?

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
International quandary, RRL braces(2$ shipping) with contiguous U.S. only clearly stated__ I have an Italian hi bidder. Are my only two options are to ask him to withdraw his bid or cancel, do the shipping preferences, exclude locations, yada yada and start over?
Wrinkle is that he has lots of good feedback from U.S. buyers, maybe using a freight forwarder? but I am still liable for the return from Italy just in case he wants to return. Any input? thx

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
International quandary, RRL braces(2$ shipping) with contiguous U.S. only clearly stated__ I have an Italian hi bidder. Are my only two options are to ask him to withdraw his bid or cancel, do the shipping preferences, exclude locations, yada yada and start over?
Wrinkle is that he has lots of good feedback from U.S. buyers, maybe using a freight forwarder? but I am still liable for the return from Italy just in case he wants to return. Any input? thx

If his address is in Italy, and you have international shipping excluded, he should not be able to bid.

It is illegal to ship most pre-owned clothing items into Italy, so do check that before shipping if you decide to do so.

If he provides a US address, no worries...

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why only 48 states? Shipping to AK, HI, and even PR is just as simple as shipping to anywhere else in the US.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads