• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chpartisan

Reaction score
Nice suit!

@stiffrhythms it's probably around a 40S - but I would not list it that way. I typically type "Unmarked" in size or "Bespoke" and then provide measurements. Providing a size in the listing details, without a tagged size to back it up is asking for return trouble.
+1

Shoulders point toward 40, other measurements seem closer to a 38.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, she clicks on BIN at $79.99 instead of making an offer? I declined her offer of $50 a couple days ago. LOLZ...

B48995DB-2D54-4E51-A001-D72E7D5FCD40.jpeg

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am cleaning out some old ties, and have this T&A Novelty Tie. I am not sure what it is, is it a lobster playing a bell?

IMG_2642.jpg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes. While I feel bad for this dude, I'm not eating the cost on a $400 item that was either damaged in shipping or intentionally in an attempt to squeeze money out of me, and was defective when I received it.

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 9.03.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 9.03.47 PM.png

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes. While I feel bad for this dude, I'm not eating the cost on a $400 item that was either damaged in shipping or intentionally in an attempt to squeeze money out of me, and was defective when I received it.

View attachment 954979 View attachment 954980
There are a lot of scratches/gouges in the black piece surrounding that. Can you compare that to pictures of the one you sold him to confirm if it’s the same camera?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of scratches/gouges in the black piece surrounding that. Can you compare that to pictures of the one you sold him to confirm if it’s the same camera?

I should've been more clear. This was a camera that I purchased. I had to open an SNAD case because the camera did not work properly. This was his response after I shipped it back to Japan. I won't be dealing with international sellers (other than people here) after this fiasco.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should've been more clear. This was a camera that I purchased. I had to open an SNAD case because the camera did not work properly. This was his response after I shipped it back to Japan. I won't be dealing with international sellers (other than people here) after this fiasco.
I think that he’s running some sort of scam.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that he’s running some sort of scam.

That's exactly what it seems like to me. I normally avoid buying expensive stuff from other countries, but these cameras are pretty hard to find in the US (Contax was owned by Kyocera at the end of its run). I did get another one from a US-based seller, which has been fine so far.

Looking at the picture he sent today, there are two marks that aren't on the camera in the original listing pics, and weren't there when I had it (one near the viewfinder, and another that I cropped out from my screen capture). Also, the only way the viewfinder could get damaged as shown is if someone intentionally stuck a screwdriver (or similar) into it. I called Ebay about it, and they said that I am covered, just to call back after his refund window closes. Which means that I have to wait until April 18 to get my money back.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 954979 View attachment 954980
That's exactly what it seems like to me. I normally avoid buying expensive stuff from other countries, but these cameras are pretty hard to find in the US (Contax was owned by Kyocera at the end of its run). I did get another one from a US-based seller, which has been fine so far.

Looking at the picture he sent today, there are two marks that aren't on the camera in the original listing pics, and weren't there when I had it (one near the viewfinder, and another that I cropped out from my screen capture). Also, the only way the viewfinder could get damaged as shown is if someone intentionally stuck a screwdriver (or similar) into it. I called Ebay about it, and they said that I am covered, just to call back after his refund window closes. Which means that I have to wait until April 18 to get my money back.
Is he primarily a seller? Or does he buy as well? If so, post his name so that we can protect ourselves from future douchebaggery.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is he primarily a seller? Or does he buy as well? If so, post his name so that we can protect ourselves from future douchebaggery.

He only sells, and only sells camera stuff (~150 feedback). I'll post his username after this is all resolved.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He only sells, and only sells camera stuff (~150 feedback). I'll post his username after this is all resolved.

Dipshit escalated the return to a case before Ebay's customer service hours are up for the night. I called and got that **** closed. The only issue now is that I have to try to talk the seller into refunding me for the return shipping.

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 10.54.46 PM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads