• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now it’s my turn. Does anyone see this as removable? I’ve packed thousands of shirts in the same manner. This dude is apparently the first to use a sharp object to open the package.

02AFB759-D1AE-4E49-9CF6-13967422D3DF.png

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And now it’s my turn. Does anyone see this as removable? I’ve packed thousands of shirts in the same manner. This dude is apparently the first to use a sharp object to open the package.

View attachment 955079
Perhaps you can use the fact that he admitted to causing the damage to the shirt. Otherwise, you can offer the idiot a refund and send a feedback revision request to him.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried every approach I can think of, short of having my lawyer send a cease a desist letter to EBay. They won’t remove it because ‘He’s offering an opinion of the transaction’. I’d really like to know how the hell Spoopoker only has one negative.

div25sec9

Reaction score
I tried every approach I can think of, short of having my lawyer send a cease a desist letter to EBay. They won’t remove it because ‘He’s offering an opinion of the transaction’. I’d really like to know how the hell Spoopoker only has one negative.

I got the same line from ebay not too long ago when I called them about a negative; must be a new standard line. It's weird how opinions have now more weight than facts.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the same line from ebay not too long ago when I called them about a negative; must be a new standard line. It's weird how opinions have now more weight than facts.

Another interesting "fact" that I was told is that market research suggests that buyers are leery of buying from sellers with no negative feedback. People seem to think that those folks are 'gaming the system'.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest blocking onanseed

He's one of those buyers who thinks he knows better than the seller how to do the minutia of selling on Ebay.

His first message, sent before leaving feedback.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 10.09.17 AM.png

Follow ups, read from bottom message to top:

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 10.09.06 AM.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent, kind, and conscientious seller! I haven't had an Oxford comma used on me in feedback in a long time. And here I thought I was being overly aggressive with my messages...
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 11.01.51 AM.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, I thought so too. I was thinking your use of the word 'petulant' killed any chance of a feedback revision.

In one of his messages, he said that he was standing by the feedback. I figured that there wasn't a whole lot to lose by playing hardball.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's the best possible outcome. I had this EXACT thing happen, I think I posted about it here, because the buyer refused to revise the feedback. The Ebay rep was ecstatic that he was actually able to take care of it for me, said he gets so many mad sellers trying to revise feedback that he can't help, he was genuinely excited to help me.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That’s a pretty great outcome, @Fueco! I think the guy’s message goes to show that it’s always best to deal with things with a cool head rather than make decisions motivated by anger, annoyance, or frustration. When I get annoyed by something, I will occasionally delay it for 12 hours. By the time I get to it the next day, I’m far less emotional about my response.

It also helps when people realize they’re dealing with humans. Many of us put effort into a professional presentation of our stuff. However, the flip side is that the more professional we appear, the more a customer will assume they’re dealing with a faceless corporation.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have none. :hide:

Of course now I'm doomed, but I might as well doom my self than be doomed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads