• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could use some advice here. The longtime mailman who delivered to my apartment complex retired and the series of temps and part-time replacements have been occasionally sticking the wrong mail in people's boxes. Until now I haven't had anything that I've noticed and the few pieces of mail I've gotten for other people were easy enough to drop by the correct apartment. Unfortunately, on Monday a couple eBay purchases were marked as "delivered in mailbox" and "delivered to parcel locker" respectively but not actually there. I worked late tuesday, and they still hadn't been delivered. On Wednesday I caught the mailman making his rounds, and he verified that my missing packages weren't currently in one of the parcel lockers or other mailboxes. He tried to say that the packages must have been stolen out of the locked lockers or mailboxes or delivered to my doorstep and stolen, both of which are unlikely. What's my recourse here? I'd like my new shoes and shirt, but baring that I could live with a refund. Problem is that both packages are marked as delivered and I'd really like to avoid screwing over the eBay sellers too.
This has happened to me. I get mail from the next street over when its my regular mail person's day off. The post master does nothing about it. Its sad that they're hiring morons.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has happened to me. I get mail from the next street over when its my regular mail person's day off. The post master does nothing about it. Its sad that they're hiring morons.

Once had a box of stuff I'd shipped to myself during a thrifting trip mis-delivered by FedEx. I put in a search request, but got a call from the person who had received it a few days later. It had ended up with someone else's moving deliveries. She was nice about it, and I drove over to her place and picked it up. That would have been about a $1500 loss to me.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is my contribution to USPS nonsense; still hasn't arrived, and last scanned on Jan. 27. Guess I'll add South Africa to the list of countries I won't ship to...

✓ Shipping info received
✓ In transit
Delivered
Last scanned date Saturday, Jan 27, 2018
Package location
Shipping status
In transit
Shipping carrier USPS
Tracking number UA925xxxxxxxUS
Delivery message In Transit to Next Facility

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once had a box of stuff I'd shipped to myself during a thrifting trip mis-delivered by FedEx. I put in a search request, but got a call from the person who had received it a few days later. It had ended up with someone else's moving deliveries. She was nice about it, and I drove over to her place and picked it up. That would have been about a $1500 loss to me.
Oof! Dodged a bullet.

I was never able to get my Borrelli shirt, sent by Spoo. Same mailman has left other people's medication in my mailbox.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is my contribution to USPS nonsense; still hasn't arrived, and last scanned on Jan. 27. Guess I'll add South Africa to the list of countries I won't ship to...

✓ Shipping info received
✓ In transit
Delivered
Package location
Shipping status
In transit
Shipping carrier USPS
I have one of those too going on right now. First it bounced between two distribution centers then poof been in transit to next facility for five days. Probably fell off a cart at the center and no one bothered to pick it up.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received this message this morning:

Delivered to wrong address in wrong state. I live in Virginia at

I responded:
44BE2FB2-5B77-4B3F-97EE-58A8FFCB2DEE.jpeg

It gets better...

FD708286-99F2-4010-89A4-608E9F77227C.jpeg

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

✓ Shipping info received
✓ In transit
Delivered
Package location
Shipping status
In transit
Shipping carrier USPS

Is this from the USPS site? Have you tried using the tracking number at South African post office site, to see if other info is shown there?

http://www.southafricanpostoffice.post/

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About two years ago, I made the decision to ship to the U.S., Canada, UK, and Japan only. Since that change, I haven't had the first "lost" or overly delayed item. eBay stress level dropped exponentially.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still have a "In Transit to Next Facility" that's been stuck for almost two weeks. At what point do I have the buyer open an 'item not received' case? Do I then file a claim with USPS? I've never dealt with this before luckily.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still have a "In Transit to Next Facility" that's been stuck for almost two weeks. At what point do I have the buyer open an 'item not received' case? Do I then file a claim with USPS? I've never dealt with this before luckily.
First, it's a pain ********** to call USPS corporate. However, they get results. They will put an official trace on the package. They will text you updates of their progress and even call you to let you know what's happening.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I could use some advice here. The longtime mailman who delivered to my apartment complex retired and the series of temps and part-time replacements have been occasionally sticking the wrong mail in people's boxes. Until now I haven't had anything that I've noticed and the few pieces of mail I've gotten for other people were easy enough to drop by the correct apartment. Unfortunately, on Monday a couple eBay purchases were marked as "delivered in mailbox" and "delivered to parcel locker" respectively but not actually there. I worked late tuesday, and they still hadn't been delivered. On Wednesday I caught the mailman making his rounds, and he verified that my missing packages weren't currently in one of the parcel lockers or other mailboxes. He tried to say that the packages must have been stolen out of the locked lockers or mailboxes or delivered to my doorstep and stolen, both of which are unlikely. What's my recourse here? I'd like my new shoes and shirt, but baring that I could live with a refund. Problem is that both packages are marked as delivered and I'd really like to avoid screwing over the eBay sellers too.

I’ve been trying to think of a possible solution to this, but I’m coming up empty. As it has been said, I’d ask all of your neighbors and maybe post a sign in a public place. Everyone receives packages these days, so if it was stolen, others in your building may want to know that it has happened.

You could also call or go to your local branch of the post office to see what, if anything, they have to say. If you need to file a police report, it may be worth it if it would result in an insurance payout. That’s unlikely and it would go to the sender and he would have to send it to you.

All in all, it would appear that you were simply robbed, which is terrible.

While it may not help you in your situation, I get packages from 3-4 couriers along with the post regularly and I’ve spoken to most. I told them they could leave anything in my garage if I’m not around. They were happy to oblige and it gives me peace of mind.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this from the USPS site? Have you tried using the tracking number at South African post office site, to see if other info is shown there?

http://www.southafricanpostoffice.post/

From the South African Post Office:

Partial or no tracking information is available for this item posted in UNITED STATES. You may try the tracking service provided by the post of UNITED STATES.
:brick:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads